Ch 29: Airport Drama

"Ty..on... Tyson.. Tyson!" 

Tyson was not yet ready to leave the comforts of the bed, as he pulled the blanket over his head, complaining about his insane grandfather whose usual time to wake up was four a.m . Until he realized that this voice was too quite and deep to be grandpa's. He slightly peeked out,  as he realized that the voice was familiar but he couldn't place whose it was. 

Kai stood at the bedpost, his eyes analysing Tyson's ancient alarm clock. He immediately jumped in his bed, asking hurriedly, "Why the hell are you here?" irritation mixed with confusion. 

Kai spared him a look, his eyebrow raised in question,  highly unamused with his hasty words. Tyson amended, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "You should know I'm grumpy in the morning." he grumbled. 

Kai rolled his eyes at this, "When are you not?" he dryly questioned back, smirking as he tossed the alarm clock in his direction. Tyson's, reflexes kicked in. His hands immediately went after it, catching it in the nick of time. Sleep was completely out of his system by the activity,  but Tyson was too busy complaining to notice it. 

"Hey!!" he complained, partially at the sarcasm and partially at nearly breaking his alarm clock. No one except Tyson had the right to do it. Then, he finally realized that this was one of the most abnormal morning he ever had. "What are you doing here? Are yo-I-mean-everyone and everything  okay? " he questioned again,  frowning at his captain, knowing very well that he would be the last person Kai would come to when help was needed, wondering what could have gone so wrong that his help was needed. Kai ignored the slip. "Even if you start now, there may be a chance for you to catch up with them for a few minutes." he cryptically said. 

It took a few moments before everything came back to Tyson. His eyes widened in alarm as he glanced at the clock. It was eight in the morning!! "Holy sh*t!!" he cursed out aloud,  scrambling out of his bed. "Couldn't you wake me up sooner?" He inturn chastised Kai, as though it was anyone else's fault but his. Kai, whose eyebrow was raised until then, sighed in exasperation. 

"Why did you even bother with it?" Tyson asked again, sourly depressed by the dosage of the negative news pertaining to the upcoming meet-up early in the morning. 

"You'll regret it later." Kai said without a second thought, as though that was obvious. And with a pang Tyson realized how true it was. He could never want to miss saying goodbye and seeing his best mates one more time. He couldn't believe he actually thought of skipping it a few times.

"Are you coming too?  Tyson asked, as he randomly pulled out clothes from his wardrobe. "I could book a taxi." He additionally offered. Kai who was already at the door, didn't even respond.

He let the pent-up anger and frustration get the better of him as he scathingly remarked. "Of course,"  making sure that he would certainly be heard by the Phoenix-wielder. "When asked to socialise, ignore us. But be the first to volunteer to take a bullet without a second's thought." Kai had already left the room by then. Tyson screamed this time. "You know, we would rather like to know a lot more about you before you go out there and blow yourself yourself up in our names." he said in heat, panting as he realised how harsh and ungrateful he sounded. "-not that we want you to sacrifice yourself, or even get tiny bit hurt from now on. I just wa-" he tried amending, but whatever Tyson planned on saying, was abruptly cut off when he heard Kai's door shut. 

Tyson didn't even have a moment to spare as he raced to the bathroom to freshen up. He didn't  have the time to gulp down his breakfast and so, after a very long time, Tyson left the house without having breakfast. 

Only when he was sitting in the metro train,  staring out of the window, did he realize how much Kai had gone out of his way to help him, to get a tiny bit more involved in his personal life than usual. He even realized how long it had been since the two of them had a lively banter, without being at each other's throats pertaining to team-related issues. He wished this could happen more often, but Kai seemed to avoid them all in the 'personal life' domain like a plague.