CH 2 - Trip to the BBA Headquarters

Hillary had momentarily panicked when Ray had mentioned not seeing her on the day of finals. But she hoped she had convinced him. Truth to be told, she wasn't present with them for most of the day. She had been wished them all the best before climbing the cab. She had been with them for a few minutes at the stadium when she received the call. Seeing that all of them were so nervous about the upcoming battle that none of them had noticed her silently slip out of the waiting room.

She had no interest in remembering the reason, for it gave her goosebumps even today. She had only returned when the other situation was slightly under control, that too in the evening, for she couldn't help but feel guilty for not being with her friends on one of their most important days. She couldn't contain her constant worry for who won the championship, no matter how many times she tried reminding herself that Tyson and Maxy were in their top shape, they had prepared enough, they could win it, Tyson could never loose his dragoon. She had briefly wished Tyson and Max at the evening ceremony, had briefly talked with Ray, and left within ten minutes, for she couldn't make herself stay between so much music and talk, so much happiness and cheer.

She tried concentrating on what Kenny was doing, but her thoughts wandered. She still couldn't believe and marvel the drastic changes the spinnin, she meant, beyblading brought out in Tyson's personality... A week ago, he was so stressed and determined to save his and his friends' bit-beasts that he rarely slept or ate anything when he thought no one was observing him. Always a bundle of nerves when left alone... And now when everything is over, that seems to be the only things he does.

Everything seemed to be normal now. Everyone seemed to be relaxed now, without a worry in the world. Everyone except her, for her worries had just then escalated and they did not seem to end anyway soon.

She was was jolted from her train of thoughts as the land-line started ringing. She hurriedly got up. "I'll go and check it." she announced to no one in particular as she made her way to the hallway and picked the call.

"Hello, Granger residence."she started. "Ah, Hillary. Nice speaking to you... Could you tell the boys to meet me at the BBA Headquarters. It's a bit urgent." replied Mr Dickenson from the other side. 

 "Of course Mr Dikenson, but we don't know where Kai is..." she replied, remembering her earlier thoughts, 'Everything seemed to be Normal Now'. Mr Dickenson did not deter at this, he sounded just as excited as ever. "Oh! that's fine... It can be managed." She nodded, though he obviously didn't see it. "Oh.. OK then. Bye"

******

Hillary informed Tyson and the boys about the sudden meeting Mr D had called for. Tyson had no clue when Hillary had arrived here. Max looked just as confused as him. Knowing how much Hillary could chew them out for not even noticing that she was there, Tyson and Max unanimously decided to play as though they knew she was here all along.

They were ready to leave as they were, but after receiving a pointed look from Hillary, Max and Tyson freshened up and straightened their clothes, after removing the stray cotton of the pillows from their hair. Since the BBA headquarters wasn't too far from the dojo, just a twenty minute walk, they decided to walk there.

The only incident worthy of mentioning along the walk was Hillary once directly walked into a pole and hit her head, falling back. Tyson and Max had turned back just as she was rubbing her temple, a frown on her face.

An unsettling feeling aroused in Tyson as Ray, the one closest to her, lent her a hand. He teasingly said, "Someone's getting clumsy these days, aren't they?" but Hillary didn't retort back, like she usually does. She just patted herself to remove the dust from her skirt.