Chapter 14

Abrianna

I was in a meeting break with Mrs. De Vega when Cervantes messaged me that he is already at the parking. I checked the time and it's still half an hour before five. The heck. He came too early.

Well that's not my problem. Maaga siyang dumating so I believe he already knew that he has to wait for thirty minutes. He won't expect me to drop my work, go down and meet him just because he is in the parking area already. That won't happen. Tsk.

I was about to call him but the door opened and revealed Mrs. De Vega.

"I'm sorry for that Ms. Abrianna" she said referring to her emergency call.

"It's fine Mrs. De Vega. Shall we continue?" I asked then turned down my phone.

She sat down. "Yes. Go on"

Like what she said, I proceeded. I made the meeting short yet concise and after fifteen minutes of discussion, she requested to schedule another meeting for the presentation dahil may emergency siya ngayon.

"I'll inform you of the details then Mrs. De Vega" I said after I agreed with her request.

"Ah. Yes. Thank you very much Ms. Galvez. As much as I want close the deal today, I really have an emergency"

"No worries, Mrs. De Vega"

She expressed her gratitude again before she bid goodbye. I watched as she hurriedly grab her things and went out. Looks like she really got an emergency.

I shrugged and fixed my things before going to my office. Dahil wala na akong gagawin pa, pwede na akong umuwi. I'll just inform Cervantes when I am out.

I was busy fixing my things when Dylan suddenly entered unannounced. I coldly looked at him. "Knock before you enter, Dylan" Hindi ko nagustahan na basta na lang siyang pumapasok nang hindi man lang kumakatok.

He grimaced. "My apologies" then he stepped forward. "Anyway, are you leaving already?" He asked when he noticed that I was gathering my things.

"Yeah"

"I see"

"Why? Do you need anything?" I glanced up at him after putting my laptop inside my bag.

"Nah" he shook his head "I'll just see you tomorrow" then he left without waiting for my response.

Napakunot noo ako. What was that? Sinundan ko siya ng tingin hanggang sa magsara ang door. I wanted to stop him to probe him to speak but I just shrugged it off then carried my bag. Dylan will tell it eventually to me if it's important.

I checked everything before locking my office. I rode the elevator until I reached the ground floor. While walking towards the lobby, I called  Cervantes. He immediately answered.

"Where are you?"

"How 'bout you? Where are you?" he fired back instead of answering my question. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilang mapaikot ng mata.

"I'm heading out of the building. Come and pick me up"

He chuckled. "That's the plan. Wait for me at the entrance, wife." he said so I immediately hanged up.

The guard greeted me when I made my way out so I nod in acknowledgment. As soon as I stepped out of the building, a familiar black car parked few meters away from me. I grinned when Cervantes came out wearing his business suit. He jogged around then opened the shot gun seat.

"You can pass as my butler, Cervantes" I teased when I neared him. I placed my bag on the shot gun seat and when my eyes landed on the stirring wheel, I feel like doing something crazy today.