Chapter 34

Abrianna

It was already late night yet my eyes were still wide awake like the long day activity didn't tire me up. The whole place was silent and all could be heard in our room was the sound of the air condition. I stared at the man beside me who's eyes were already closed. His breathing was peaceful and stable but I knew enough. His not yet totally asleep.

"Abrianna." There was a tone of warning and pain on it. I hid my grin.

"What?"

"Stop. Now."

"I'm not doing anything."

He opened his eyes and if looks could kill, I bet I would have been with how deadly he glares at me now.

"Really, love? With your hand resting near my crotch?"

Mahina lang akong natawa bago siya halikan sa pisngi. "I can't sleep."

"Damn." Napapikit siya na parang nahihirapan. His breathing suddenly became rugged. "If I didn't know you well, I would think that you're inviting for a steamy night."

Natawa ulit ako. "Why? Do you wanna make love to me now, my husband?"

He cursed like his patience was already hanging on thin thread. "How about you? Do you want me now? I could keep as awake the entire night." He was in a deep-shit battle of control. It made me grinned triumphantly.

"You'll survive this night just like how you did every night. I'm sure."

Nakakamatay na tingin ang muling ibinigay niya sa'kin. Galit na tinanggal niya ang kamay ko na nakapatong sa hita niya at asar na humiga patagilid. Natawa na lang ako at tinitigan ang likod niyang nakaharap ngayoon sa akin. Thinking of a silly thing, I leaned forward and gave his neck a peck which made him snapped out from his control.

"Dammit!" Mabilis siyang humarap at hinila ako paloob sa bisig niya. Ramdam ko ang naghahalong emosyon niya sa mabibilis at mabibigat niyang paghinga. Kung pwede nga na itali niya ako ay matagal na niyang ginawa. That sounded kinky. My cheeks heated up.

"You're going to be the death of me, woman. So, behave or else we'll both spent our whole night panting and moaning each other's name." I bit my lips, trying to suppress a smile. I'm not yet ready for it and Luke knew that very well. He won't take me without my consent. So, I just relaxed under his embrace, inhaling his manly scent before I finally succumbing to sleep. "Good night, Luke."

The next day, we had the chance to watch the sunrise and stroll around the island for the last moment. Bugnutin pa nga ang lalaki nang gisingin. Akala mo naman ang laki ng kasalanan ko sa kanya.

"Smile, grumpy man." I teased while pulling him inside an art gallery. There weren't much people inside, only a few old people meticulously staring at some minimalist decorations.

"Kiss me and I will." It made me stop from checking some paintings. I faced him and he was looking bored, annoyed, and sleepy. For some odd reason, I found him cute. I cupped his face and gave him a kiss on his nose.

His forehead furrowed. "That's not a kiss."

"Yes, it is." Bumalik ako sa pagtingin sa mga painting pero wala akong nagustuhan. We've been wandering for an hour already, hopping from one boutique to another, and I haven't spotted anything interesting yet. Maganda naman ang mga display nila. They were embodying the culture of the island which was outstanding. It's just that I haven't seen something yet that would pull me to buy it. Nagulat na lang ako nang may humila sa baywang at pinaharap sa kanya. My arms automatically went around Cervantes' nape.

"It's not even close to one, love."

"What?"

"Come on. Give your man a proper kiss." Paglalambing niya na ikinatawa ko, finally getting what he meant.