Chapter 30

Abrianna

Days passed by quickly. Our parents' meeting with the Hontiveros happened and I didn't join, opposite from what I've planned. It's not because I got busy but because I decided not to. I realized it would just stress me out if I'd hear anything from whatever they're gonna discuss. Cervantes attended it though. When he came home after, he asked me if I want to hear anything from it but I refused.

"Maybe when I'm ready to hear it."

I'm still mad about how things turned into and I am grateful Cervantes asked before spilling anything. I'm not in my stable emotional state yet to understand things rationally or to even at least take it without resenting. So, maybe when things started to settle that's when I'll try to open it up. But surely not now.

I haven't had a talk with father yet since our heated argument in the hospital. He was open to talking with me but he wasn't pushing it which I'm grateful for. Take things at their pace. Work things together. Those were what Cervantes told me. So, I'm taking things on their own pace while giving myself a time to recover from everything.

I'm just happy that since our talk, Cervantes and I have been both truly open to each other which make things easier to deal with.

"Why don't you just let me sit with the two of you instead?" I glanced at Cervantes and he was looking not so good. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes were a little bit annoyed.

We're currently on our way to a coffee shop to meet Dylan. Our time to talk has finally come. His schedule was flexible, so it was easy to get a few of his time. But ever since we left the house, Cervantes has been insisting on joining me with my talk to Dylan. Of course, I refused but I allowed him to sit a few tables away from us instead. That way he could still be around like what he wanted. But after realizing that he would surely and eventually come near and sit with us, I changed my mind and told him to stay in the car instead until we're done, exactly the reason why he's basically getting dramatic now.

"Remember. Only the two of us, Cervantes." I wanted him to understand that.

"I'm not gonna interrupt or do anything foolish if that's what you're worried about. I'll just sit and accompany you, love."

"I know but I don't think it would make Dylan comfortable."

"Are you seriously worried of him?" He glanced at me for a moment and his expression clearly showed that he didn't like what he heard. "You're able to think of his damn comfort but how about mine?" There was a hint of unbelief and jealousy dripping down his voice. Makasalubong na rin ang kilay niya. Lihim akong napangiti dahil doon.

"Think of this. If you will be there, it might intimidate him. It will make him uncomfortable. And if he'll get uncomfortable then he won't properly say what's on his mind. Which means, I won't be able to get honest answers." I wanted him to get this right. "I need to know his side, Cervantes."

"It isn't my fault if he gets intimidated. And proper answer?" He snorted. "That proper answer you're talking about sounds like his confession to you, love." I bit my inner cheek and grinned, realizing that my choice of words could be interpreted that way even though it wasn't really my point.

"Well, it could happen you know. If he'd confess during the talk then so be it. Besides, he has a thing for me. He was even vocal about it. Remember in New York, he even said that he would annul our marriage." I was all grin but right after realizing what I've just said, I internally groaned because of stupidity.

"Really, wife?" His one eyebrow immediately rose up and his voice was in perfect sarcasm. Napanguso ako. "Annulmen– "

"I didn't mean to mention it!" pinutol ko na ang obvious niyang sasabihin. Ayokong marinig.