Chapter 33

Abrianna

Who would have thought all this time he got issues with endearment? For like half a year that we've been together, he never showed any problem with me calling him Cervantes. And now, he's asking for one and he really gave me the endearment he wanted me to call him?

Baby? Seriously?

It was cute though. But calling him that? I don't think I my stomach could take it in. But he, sulking, was adorable. Napangiti na lang ako bago naunang natulog. Right before I totally drift off to sleep, I saw him come out the door wearing only a long pant. He hanged the towel around his neck before seating right beside me.

"Sleep well." Then, he kissed my forehead and covered me with the gray blanket. I have no idea what time was that already but I got slightly awakened and found no one beside me. I saw the light coming from the bathroom and thought that Cervantes was probably there. It was just weird that I can hear the shower turned on.

The next day, my plan to watch the sunrise went down the hill because I woke up with the sun already shinning on the east. The glass door going to the balcony was opened and I spotted Cervantes leaning against the railings. He was half-naked, making his broad shoulders were visible.

Grabbing my claw clip on the night stand, I put my hair in a messy bun before going near him. I leaned my head against his arm. He pulled me and placed me on his side. My head was now on his bare chest while his one arm was on my back.

"Morning." I felt him plant a kiss on top of my head.

"Did you catch the sunrise?" The blue ocean and the sky seemingly meeting in an unknown was spectacular. I understood now what he was staring at.

"Nah. The sun was already rising when I woke up."

"How unfortunate. I think we should set an alarm to watch the sunrise. Tomorrow's our last day." Kahapon kasi ay hindi masyado ang sikat ng araw kaya wala kaming nakita. Ngayon naman ay na-late kami ng gising. "Anyway," I faced him and crossed my arm. His eyes followed my movement and muttered a curse. "Why are you out here wearing nothing but a pant only?"

"Why do you have to be a walking temptation?"

"Huh?"

He sighed then turn me around.

"Hey!"

"Please change now, love. It's getting harder and harder to deal with it every day."

He was standing behind me while ushering me back to our room. I wanted to face him but he wouldn't let me. He led me to the bathroom door. Doon lang ako nagkaroon ng chance na harapin siya. Uusisahin ko sana siya pero ngumiti siya. He slowly tucked behind my ear some of my loose hair strands.

"Until now, I still can't get used to seeing your beautiful face in the morning. Lovely as always, wife." Then, he gave my lips a peck. "Get change now. I'll have our breakfast delivered."

Tulala akong pumasok nang banyo. I come face to face with my reflection. My almond light brown eyes were looking lazy yet alive. My not so thick eyebrows were on shape. My cheeks were pinkish adding to that a few reddish freckles just below my eyebags which makes the natural pinkish color of my cheeks a bit more visible. My lips were also plump and soft. They weren't dry nor moist. They were just naturally how it is but they seem.. inviting. My hair was messy like how I did but it was lovely. Some of my baby hairs were also hanging loosely on my forehead. The thin straps of my nighties were hanging on my bare shoulders. I stared at my collar bone and my eyes landed on my exposed cleavage.

My cheeks heated up when I remembered Cervantes' reaction in the balcony.

I shook my head and started to take a bath but while I was rubbing my shoulders with soap, the image of Cervantes doing it for me flashed in my head. My cheeks blushed. I quickly cleared my head but the more I soap my body, the more my mind betrayed me, imagining his warm hands slowly caressing my shoulders, to my back, moving to my flat stomach and in between my thigh-shit. I quickly turned the shower on and let the cold-water flow in my body, hoping that it will wash my dirty thoughts away.