Chapter 25

Abrianna

My heart was pounding loud as I sat across father. He was emotionless and so was I. The difference though was that I was feeling nervous while he wasn't. Hindi ko alam kung saan nanggagaling ang kabang nararamdaman ko. All I knew was that I was feeling it crawling in my system without a goddamn reason. I wasn't even nervous when I arrived here.

I watched father, carefully assessing him while he did the same. He was staring at me deeply like he was searching the inner soul of my being. It was a good thing I was used to that kind stares of his that it didn't gave me any chills. This was the second time that I was here to seek answers from him. The last time we talked, it ended nowhere. I just hope that this time it will turn different.

Still staring at me intensely, he leaned forward. His arms were resting on the edge of his table. "So, what brings you here, princess?" My nervousness instantly vanished and it was replaced with annoyance. I almost rolled my eyes.

"Are we really going to have this kind of conversation again?" Because I'm pretty sure that that question of his will wonder us both in circles again. In the end, I won't get what I came here for. I sighed thinking how everything I need to know always revolved around me running to him for answers.

He clasped both his hands. "What do you wanna know then?"

My eyes instantly glared at him. I just told him the kind of talk I don't want to have yet here he was asking me a similar question! Can't he just tell me what the fvck is going on? Damn.

"You know your old man, princess." He said then casually leaned against his chair. I cannot help but chuckle sarcastically. Here I am eager to seek clarification from all that is happening yet here he is so nonchalant. I cannot believe him. How could he?

I glanced at him and my eyes found his deep stares. This time, his eyes weren't observing anymore. They seemed like they found what they were looking for. For a moment, I got nervous again. But I quickly masked it all and gave him a weak smile. If he insists on having this kind of conversation then there's no need to proceed. I don't want to talk to people who refuse to even talk

"I changed my mind." I said without breaking our eye contact. "I actually don't need anything. Excuse me." Agad akong tumayo at kinuha ang bag ko. It's a waste of time trying to talk to their liked. I was about to walk away when I heard him call me by the name I long way buried underground.

"Abby.."

It automatically made me stop on my track. I felt like a bucket of ice water showered me. My hands and feet went cold. It was so long since someone called me that.

"What happened, princess?" Sa isang iglap, para akong ibinalik sa pagiging bata dahil sa klase ng tono na ibinigay niya. It was soothing and gentle. I must be dreaming to hear him speak in a gentle manner because that was the tone he always use when we were kids. Whenever he asked us how was our day, did we eat, do we want chocolates or do we wanna see Mickey Mouse in Disneyland. Memories of my childhood were suddenly coming like strong waves crashing me in the inside.

I should be happy, right? Because finally I got to hear him call me with his gentle voice. But why I am feeling the opposite? Why does it pain me hearing him call me with that nickname?

Come to think of it. Ngayon ko lamang narinig iyang malambing niyang boses simula nang mamatay si mommmy. My eyes instantly watered at the thought of her but I quickly controlled myself not to shed a single tear. Not in front of him. Not to anyone and not even in the coming days.

I cleared my thought before facing father but I almost stumbled when I saw how gentle his eyes were. He was looking at me like how a father should look at his daughter. My heart clenched that I have to look up to stop my tears from falling.