Chapter 32

Abrianna

"It was all before we got married, wife, back when I was the president yet. Some women would just barge in my office and they were able to do that because they often make an excuse that they have an appointment with me. And we didn't have a strict protocol back then. And most of those who dared to do such thing were daughters of some of our partners, investors, and stakeholders. So, it would be rude to just send them off. That's why mom made the appointment slip thing." It took him like a minute before he finally got that I was waiting for his explanation after he just dropped that some women previously just stormed in his office.

"But believe me wife, no one has able to stormed in my office, uninvited, since I gave you my name neither has anyone successfully sneaked into this place with an unpleasant motive. When we became one, I knew I had to distance myself from temptation because that's how it should work. We may had started it differently but I didn't consider it as a license to roll or play in carnal pleasure with other women." He locked our stares. "I am yours, Abrianna– body, soul and mind. You own me, love. You have a complete claim on me and it will remain that way even when time comes to an end."

"I never heard a mistress' name attached to yours yet but if I found out that you're just saying these things to make me soft, I swear Cervantes, I'll claim half of all your properties and inheritances." It was a threat I intend to keep so he better watches out.

He smirked. "You've never heard a name nor will you ever hear one because there is basically none, wife. And you don't have to try to claim half of what I own because you're already an owner of more than half of what I have."

"Yeah. Nice try." Uminom ako pero nang mapansin ko ang maliit na ngisi sa labi niya, para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig. "You can't honestly be serious right now." I suddenly remembered that we didn't sign a prenuptial agreement before the wedding. Damn. But why didn't he do anything to save himself at least! Because what if this marriage fails? He'll lose half of his properties to me? That would just be a great lost on his part.

"Unfortunately, I am." He seemed to find the situation amusing. Hindi man lang siya nanghihinayang o nagsisisi at hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit. "You're my wife, Abrianna. What I have is yours and I guess what is yours is mine, too?" There's a sly grin dancing on his. It didn't escape my eyes how he raked my body with his sinful eyes.

"Pervert."

Mahina siyang natawa.

"Though you should have expected that, love. We didn't have a prenuptial agreement so what's mine is basically yours."

"But have you ever thought of the what ifs?"

"I did but I have faith in us." He winked and my heart immediately reacted, like a herd of horses galloped and can't be calmed down. Then, I remembered that I did the same to him earlier, too. Did he feel the same like I do? Pinagmasdan ko siyang ligpitan ang pinagkainan namin. He gathered our trashes and threw it in the can. I wonder what's running in his mind right now. Parang gusto kong tanungin na lang tuloy siya ngayon kung ano na ang nararamdaman niya but I think this isn't a time for that yet. We both agreed that we'll take things at their own pace. No pressure.

I decided to roam around his office when he was called to oversee something. I checked his comfort room and to my surprise, it also has a shower but when I discovered a bedroom adjacent to it, it made sense. I guess he used to sleep here before. Sakto lang ang lawak ng bedroom. It has a king-sized bed, study table, a lamp, and a walk-in closet. Agad kong sinara ang binuksan kong drawer nang makitang boxers niya ang mga nandoon.

I went out and found his pantry. When I saw a cup of vanilla ice cream inside, I grabbed it without hesitation. I went to his to the terrace and other than some real plants in porcelain vases, there was a beautiful set of rattan seats. It didn't have much design but it would be nice to watch the sunset here. Pumasok din ako agad kasi mainit.