Chapter 18

Abrianna

It was Sarturday and I planned to spend it in the office like I used to ever since I came back but because the living room's color is getting out of my damn liking, I changed my plan. It's starting to irritate me so I wanted to change it. Good thing Nema came for her weekly cleaning so I had company. Vienna tagged along though because she wanted to visit. Well, that's what she reasoned out.

"Ate, pwede mo naman pong ipa-renovate ang bahay kung gusto mo. I'm sure kuya won't mind. Atsaka bahay niyo naman po itong dalawa." She looked at me then back at her cellphone. A tiny smile formed on her face. In fact,  kanina pa siya ngumiti-ngiti and I am not naive not to know what it means.

Someone's recieving sweet words, huh?

"Nah, it's fine. I love the design. It's the color combination that I'm starting to dislike." I frowned upon seeing how dominating the gray color was in the living area. It's really disturbing, honestly.

Snatching her gaze away from her cellphone, Vienna roamed her eyes around. "You want to change the theme, ate?"

I shook my head. "Just some slight changes in here to match the rest."

Just in time, Nema appeared from upstairs with the curtains I asked her to bring.

"Ito na ba lahat?"

"Opo, ma'am." she placed them all on the center table.

"How about the cases?" I picked the light blue-colored curtain and raised to check if it will go well with our nuetral color.

"Babalikan ko pa lang po sa taas, ma'am."

"Okay." It became her signal to move.

"Nasaan po pala si kuya, ate?"

Natigilan ako sa naging tanong ni Vienna. Instantly, I remembered what Cervantes said last night about Vienna coming over.

"I bet she'll visit to come clean."

Totoo kaya? Binaba ko muna ang hawak kong curtain. I looked at Vienna only to caught her biting her lower lip while typing on her phone. It didn't go unnotice when her lips suddenly formed a wide smile and her dimple showed up.

Mahina akong natawa doon. I bet Cervantes won't let this slide if he sees it.

"He's on an emergency meeting." Sagot ko. Maaga siyang umalis kanina dahil doon. He said he'll be back before lunch though.

I returned to what I'm doing and let Vienna do her likings. I picked the egret white curtain. Itinapat ko ito sa wall and darling, it perfectly compliments the wall. I happily smiled. I can't wait to see how it will tranform the living area. Now, all I have to do is choose the right colors for the rest.

When Nema came back  with the cases, I quickly picked the colors that match the theme of the living room before we started cleaning and changing the curtains and cases.

"Ma'am, pati rin po ba ito kulay blue?" Nema held the smaller pillows.

"Yes, but use the darker one."

We continued what we were doing and it was nearly lunch when we finished everything. Vienna went back on her phone again while Nema went out to throw the garbage.

"Better" I muttered while wondering my eyes around the area. No color is dominating nor standing out of place. Everything is at their best places.  Mabilis lang naman kaming natapos dahil hindi naman ganoon kabigat at ka-complicated ang ginawa namin. We just changed what needed modification like the curtains, foam cases, and carpet.