ocean eyes

"The art of eye contact"- Unknown

Song: Ocean Eyes- Billie Eilish
————————————————————————
Maxcences POV:
''And the winner is, with the most powerful knockout I've ever seen, «The Devil»!'' The crowd went crazy as I walked down the stairs from the VIP area. Girls in slutty dresses tried talking to me and touching me, but my focus was on the brunette in the ring. I had watched her fight, she was good. We weren't here to watch the match but to talk business, however when we heard her yell to the guy she was fighting that "this little girl will knock you the fuck out" she got everyone's attention, even mine.

She was absolutely gorgeous, perfect body, her skin glowing, I could tell she wasn't wearing any makeup but still she looked like a fucking goddess. She had long, shiny, brown hair that was braided into two cute braids, her lips were full and pink. Her teeth shining white, and she had long thick eyelashes as well as beautiful curved eyebrows, fuck she even had the cutest nose. She was just too perfect, it pissed me off.

Then I locked eyes with her. Fuck, it was the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen. And with the lighting that shone in the ring they were even clearer; Light blue with a slightly darker shade of blue circling it. They looked like a stormy ocean, full of emotions. They burned into mine and looked at me with an examinational look, almost like she was trying to read something in my eyes. It felt like she could look straight through me and all my walls, like she could see the real me. No, no there was no way, those walls were rock solid. I had been building them up for years and I was very good at hiding emotions. But just in case, I looked away and for the first time in about 5 years, my heart was beating faster than normal and I felt scared?

Last time I felt scared was when my parents died and I had to take over the business at the age of fourteen. The fact that she had triggered this feeling in me made me feel intrigued and I just knew I needed to talk to her, but when I looked back up, she was gone. Wtf, where did she fucking go? I saw her brown hair disappearing in the crowd. People surrounded her, so it was fucking impossible to get to her. I pushed people out of my way, there wasn't too many though because as usual people got out of my way when I looked at them with my pissed off look. Another benefit of looking intimidating as fuck. Then, when I got to where she was just moments ago, she was gone again. Shit

As I was on my way to turn and head back to Zane and Blaze, I heard it, gunshots. Not loud enough for other people to notice but since I had been listening to guns being fired my whole childhood, I could hear it clear as day. I walked out wanting to see what it was about, my hand wrapped around my gun. Then I saw her, she was arguing with some guy. The guy she had just fought it looked like, what the fuck? And he had a gun. Was he the one who fired the shot I had just heard? The adrenaline started pumping through my body, for some reason I felt the urge to protect her. She was about to go up in his face, wtf did she think she was doing? The man had a gun for gods sake!  when I saw the gun in his hand twitch. Meaning he was about to shoot, but before he had the chance, I shot him in both knees. He screamed in pain as he fell down to the ground for the third time that day. I walked up to her to ask what the fuck she was thinking.

She looked at me with those beautiful eyes, and suddenly I couldn't remember what I was going to say. This time they weren't filled with that examinating look they had earlier, they were filled with anger.

''Why did you do that'' she yelled. I looked at her surprised. What?! Out off all the things i could imagine her saying at that moment like «omg thank you» or «you're so hot» or maybe oh I don't know «thank you for saving my life». I did not expect that. " Cause you would've been shot, Caro.  Not that I care. But it's a mess cleaning up'' I answered raising one eyebrow. She stared at me with those way too perfect eyes, and I felt that fucking unpleasant feeling of fear again. Porco Guida, maybe I should've let the fucker kill her.

''Well'' she huffed ''I didn't need your help, I could've handled it myself''. I rolled my eyes ''Yeah, I saw that''. She started walking away, but before she could I gripped her arm and turned her back around. Was this a joke? She wasn't going to thank me?! We were now only a couple inches from eachother. ''So no «thank you for saving my life»?'' I asked with a smirk. Girls usually fell so hard for my smirk and found it so attractive. But not her.

She looked at me like I had grown an extra head. ''Nope'' she said while she detached my hand from her arm, a little too aggresive. I felt a feeling of exitement, of fucking course I had to get turned on by angry women «and don't touch me again» she said, her tone flat and cold. Che due palle?! Why didn't my tactics work on her?

''Or you could thank me another way'' I winked at her, completely ignoring her other comment. She didn't say anything, she just got so close to my face that if I leaned just a few inches forward our lips would touch. I could smell her perfume. She smelled like coconut and vanilla. Damn that's a good smell. ''Say that one more time. I dare you'' she said, calmly, but I could deffinetly hear the anger building up in her voice. Her eyes burned into me and I just knew that if looks could kill, I wouldn't be alive for much longer. I was going to place my hand on her chin but before I had the chance she grabbed it and said ''touch me one more time, and I swear to god, you will lose the opportunity to have kids''

«Oh, Please, your punches weren't that good, so I'm guessing your kicks wont be either» I teased. Knowing damn well that the knockout she had done 10 minutes ago was one of the best I had ever seen.. She froze at the sound of my words and her ocean blue eyes flashed with rage, then, before I had the opportunity to defend myself she had liftet her foot up and high-kicked me in the balls. Fuuuck, why did I have to mock her. It hurt so bad I almost felt like I was going to puke. She turned around and walked away, but I could clearly hear her say «Asshole».

I felt my cock twitch ''Feisty, just how I like 'em'' I said loud enough for her to hear, while checking out her behind, fuck what an ass. The woman was absolutely beautiful. This time she didn't react to my words, just showed me her middle finger over her shoulder. She had long red nails, shit that's hot.

I turned back around facing the losing coward, my balls still hurt but I had been hurt a lot worse before. ''You know you're a fucking pussy, right?'' I spat at him ''A real man loses with dignity''.
I only got a grunt in response.

I turned around to see if she was gone. She was, but there was a feeling of hope in my chest that one day I would see those eyes again.
————————————————————————
Italian words:
Caro=Dear
Porco Guida= Fuck
Che due palle=What the fuck
——————————————————————
Authors note:
Soo, Evelyn and Maxcence finally met!
What do you think about the book so far? Do you like the characters?
We'd love to hear any feedback you have!

Follow our user on Instagram for updates, sneakpeaks and more!!
@dancingwiththedevilwattpad

Thank you all so much for all the support on the book🖤 We really appreciate it and read all your comments!
Love you all😈❤️
~A&N