once again, saved by the devil

"I hate you, but atleast you make me feel something" -Unknown
Song: Do I Wanna Know- Artic Monkeys
———————————————————————
Trigger warning: Rape, Panick attack, PTSD
——————————————————————-
Evelyns POV:

No, no, no, no. My heart was beating so fast I thought it might jump out of my chest. What the fuck?! How could they have known? Did the mafia have someone watching me? Weren't they supposed to be on my side? Then why did they have someone following me? Who was it? Was it the scary man? There were so many questions and thoughts running through my head I started to hyperventilate again, but this time, not in a good way...

I had never been more confused. I hated not knowing what was going on and not having control over a situation. I felt it starting to become more difficult to breath and my hands started shaking, tears were forming in my eyes as I realized I was going to have a panick attack. Not here, please. The only thing I was certain of was that I needed to get as far away from here as possible. I started running away from the lounge, I didn't know where I was but somewhere there had to be an exit. Just as I rounded the corner I heard the door leading into the lounge open and Maxences voice "Evelyn?!"

Fuck, fuck, fuck. He could not see me like this. I couldn't tell him what happend and he would probably think that I was freaking out over him and what had just happened in the lounge, with him. I didn't want to explain myself to him, I didn't need to explain anything to him. I don't owe him anything I thought as I sped up when I saw stairs leading down, probably to the dancefloor. I could hear the music getting louder and louder as I ran down the stairs meaning I was right, but I could also hear Maxence from behind me. "Evelyn stop, What the fuck!" I didn't answer nor did I turn around to look at him.

I was at the bottom of the stairs and could now see the dancefloor through my watery eyes, the main exit was at the other side of the club. I had to get out, I needed air. It felt like my troath was slowly but surely closing more and more and it was getting really difficult to breathe. I was definitely having a panick attack, I could recognize the symptoms quite easily by now.

I had been having panick attacks regularly ever since my dad died. Every time I felt like I lost control over a situation it would get difficult to breathe and my hands would start to shake. And I felt like I had lost more and more control ever since me and Maxence went up to the VIP lounge.

Tears were now running down my cheeks. I had to get out, NOW. I couldn't run over the dancefloor without attracting too much attention so I just started walking really fast and pushing people out of my way. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Maxence was still following me. His golden eyes met my blue (and now red) eyes and his expression changed from anger to worry when he realized I was crying. Fuck, he saw. I turned back around and sped up, I was not gonna let him get the satisfaction of seeing me like this.. Even though it didn't look like he was about to humiliate me, in fact his eyes had shown the exact opposite, but you never know with him.

I was almost by the exit when I suddenly felt a tight grip around my arm that dragged me into a dark hallway where I could no longer see the dancefloor. "What the fuck!?" I yelled as I tried to push the man that had dragged me in there off me, but he had me in a position that made it hard for me to escape. Some light shone through from the dancefloor and lit up the mans eyes and I immediatly recognized him. I gasped. The man I had hit in the line earlier. "Not so tough anymore are we?" he said with an evil grin. "What are you crying about baby?" he pouted sarcasticly.

Tears were still streaming down my face and I was still shaking from the ongoing panick attack, but I was not going to let the donkey touch me. "Get your filthy ass hands off me before I break your nose for the second time tonight" I snarled at him while trying to detach my hand from his grip. "Bitch. You won't be able to do anything now" he huffed back. I was fighting all I could to get out of the position where I was unable to do anything, but it was simply not possible. I prepared myself for the punches I knew were coming but at the same time I wasn't gonna let him think that I had given up so I said "You really gonna hit a girl? Just for embarrasing you infront of your stupid little friends?". "Hah, no, I'm not going to hit you" he answered and my eyes went wide as his hand started lifting up my dress and I realized what his intensions were.