playing with the enemy

«She didn't dance with the Devil - he danced with her» -Unknown
Song: Dancing with the devil-Demi Lovato
————————————————————————
At the ball

I could hear the faint sound of music and people chattering as I stepped out of the car. The driver took my hand and escorted me as I set my heel on the first step leading up to the doors. I could feel the cold metal of the dagger that was in my garter against my thigh, I hoped noone could see it . I thanked the driver, and walked towards the doors where the ball was being held. The two guards clearly checked me out. What can I say I looked hot as hell. They stared at me in a uncomfortable way and since I didn't want to be looked at like I was an object I said ''Eyes up here morons'' and pointed at my eyes. It came out a little colder than expected but you know what, I didn't give a fuck. I hated when men sexualized women. Both guards looked away embarrassed and after clearing his throat one of them said ''n-name please?''. ''Evelyn Ambers'' I answered confidently. I had been told that I could use a fake name if I wanted, but there was no reason to. I had nothing to lose.

As I stepped into the ballroom all eyes suddenly were on me. I lifted my head higher and stepped further into the room. I ignored the whispering and looks I got, and focused on my mission. I had to find him, my target. I had been told that he was tall, a little tan, black hair and had a lot of muscles. He would be wearing all black with a red tie, and his mask would also be red. After scanning the crowd a few times, I got my eyes on the target. He fit the discription perfectly. I had also been told that he was rarely to be seen without his two best friends, and as I looked closer, yup there he was standing next to two other men.

They had told me that he likes the chase, so I couldn't just walk up to him. I had to get him interested, so he would come up to me. Shouldn't be too hard.

He and his friends were standing next to the bar, so I decided to go get a drink, and hopefully catch his attention. As I walk over to the bar I can feel the mens starving look at me and the womens hateful glares. It didn't really bother me. Let them hate. My dad always told me «Other womens beauty does not take away from your own». And I wish someone would've told them that aswell.

"What can I get you beautiful?" the bartender said. "One dry martini please" I answered. While I was waiting for my drink I turned around and leaned against the bar. I looked over to the men on my right, they were having a pretty heated discussion it looked like. One of them turned around and looked straight at me, it was very dark here but I could see that it was the wrong man. When he looked at me his look turned into a playful smirk. I smiled back. Might as well get the targets friends attention as well. The man turned back to the other men and whispered something to them. I saw them look my way so I looked away to continue the chase. But I couldn't quite hide my smirk.

All three of them looked very young, they couldn't be much older than 21, maybe 22? If the things I had been told about him, were true, I wondered how ones soul could manage to get so dark by the time you're in your early twenties... But I guess I wasn't really in the position to judge based on the fact that, by the end of the night, I would be a killer, at the age of 18.

"Here you go gorgeous" the bartender said and I turned around. He gave me my drink and I gracefully took it and took a sip. It tasted amazing. Suddenly I felt two strong hands grip my waist, I felt someones strong upperbody against my back and got shivers down my spine. "Im sorry I just have to get past you, amore" he whispered in my ear. I got a whiff of his perfume, I recognized it, it was the Eros Eau de parfum by Versace. It smelled like a mixture of sandlewood and vanilla.

He moved past me and I could feel his member against my ass. I hadn't even seen the man but he had already made my panties soak. Fuck I couldn't do this right now. I had to be focused on the mission. The man sat down at the seat next to me. That's when I realized it was him, my target. I felt my insides turn and hatred taking over all my senses as I was looking into the face of my fathers killer. I couldn't believe he had just turned me on. Ew. But just like I couldn't let the hormones get to me, I couldn't let the feelings of hatered get to me either. I had to play a little with the enemy first and then I could get my revenge.

He reached out and took the glass from my hand, his fingers brushed against mine and I could feel butterflies blussing up down there. Wtf. My body betrayed me. I was literally going to kill this man in a couple of minutes. He took a sip of my drink while looking at me, I couldn't see his eyes because of the dark lightning and his mask, but I could feel his penetrating glaze. "I hope you're paying for that, cause I'm not anymore" I said rolling my eyes, but adding a smirk aswell so I didn't seem too cold "Dont worry, Caro, money's not a problem" he said while pulling out a stack of 100 dollar bills and giving the bartender one. "Keep the change" he said. All while his eyes were still on me. That accent, and the fraze "caro" touched something in my memory but I was too much into the moment to really pay attention to it. Wow this man was hot. I felt shivers run through me while looking at him, and the fact that I couldn't see his face made it even more exiting.

I just looked at him with an unimpressed look "It takes more than a stack of hundred dollar bills to impress me" I said. "Is that so?" he said, I could hear the smile on his lips. "then it's a good thing getting money isn't the only thing I'm good at" he reached out his hand for me to grab "let me show you". He nodded his head towards the dancing floor. I looked at the dance floor and then back at him "Ehh no. I don't dance" I said. The one thing I promised myself I would not do at any cost tonight was make a fool out of myself on the dancefloor. "For me you do" he said and before I could stop him he had grabbed my hand in one hand and placed the other one on my lower back and somehow moved us onto the dancefloor. I really didn't have much of a choice if I wanted this to go smooth, so I just let him, but on the inside I wanted to knock him out right there.

"Dancing with the devil" by Demi Lovato started playing and I smirked to myself knowing that was exactly what he was doing. He thought he was in control but what he didn't know was that he had about 3 minutes left to live. I had made my new plan in just a couple of seconds. I just had to get him to the corner of the floor that was next to the backdoor by the end of the song, and then, when no one was watching, stab him with my dagger, run out the door, and never look back.

We swinged around on the floor, he was so good at dancing he made even me look good. There was a spotlight that lit up the dancing floor so if I wanted to I could look up into his eyes now, but it was better this way. It would be easier to kill my fathers killer without looking him in the eyes, when he was still just a man in a mask.

He span me around and dipped me down, this was actually kind of fun. We continued swinging our bodies across the floor and any chance I got I used to get closer to the corner. I could hear that the song would be ending any minute now and felt my heart start beating faster and the adrenaline rushing trough me. "Why aren't you looking at me, caro" he said. "Isnt it more fun this way?" I asked, still avoiding his eyes. «Its more exciting when we can't recognize eachother later" I continued. He laughed «I don't think so» he said.

I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. I had gotten out my dagger from my garter that was wrapped around my thigh at that point but he couldn't see it. He lifted my chin up just as the song was about to end. The movement forced me to look into his eyes. My heart skipped a beat and I let out a little gasp.

Those eyes