saving her, again

«Remember, even the devil was once an angel» -Cassandra Clare
Song: High Enough - K.Flay
————————————————————————
Maxences pov:

Those eyes

The ones I hadn't stopped thinking about ever since I saw them a year ago. They had been imprinted in my mind ever since. I tried finding her, but it was like she had disappeared from the face of the earth after kicking me in the balls. She was most definitely the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on and believe me when I say I had been with a lot of pretty girls. But no one could compare to her, I even tried finding girls that looked like her. But there simply wasn't any that were good enough, she was one of a kind. She didn't take bullshit and she could stand up for herself, I got fucking turned on just by thinking of it. Blaze and Zane had called me crazy and obsessed for trying to find a girl who I had literally met once and we hadn't even said one nice word to each other, but I really didn't care.

But here she was, a year later, back in my arms.

When I looked at her eyes again, they looked shocked, but there was something else there as well. They didn't have the same vibrance of life they had a year ago. They looked cold, just like mine. Something had changed over the past year... What could possibly have hurt her so bad? 

''You?!'' she said in a shocked and angry tone, breaking me out of my thoughts. ''Ciao Diavolo'' I answered with a smirk. She tried moving away from me, but it only made me tighten my grip around her waist. "You're not running away from me this time. You still owe me a thank you remember?" I raised one eyebrow "But if you really don't want to, I gave you another offer last time as well" I leaned down and whispered into her ear. I just wanted to fuck her out of my system, and then be done with her. I knew that's the only reason I had been "obsessed" with her over the past year. I just knew she would be a good fuck, that's it.

"You disgust me" she said through her teeth. Fuck she pissed me off, who did she think she was?! She thought she was soo hot, I mean she was, but that's not the point. She acted like she was too good for me and that's what pissed me off. Why couldn't she just worship me like the rest of the girls. "You know what, fuck you" I said "You think you're too good for me don't you? Well you're not. You're just a spoiled little brat" it just came out of me, I couldn't stop it. "Don't you dare—" she started in a pissed off tone but she didn't get to finish her sentence. I grabbed her and threw her down to the ground with me on top of her. She tried to push me off and yelled "what the fuck!?" but then, she saw the bullet hitting the exact place her head had been just moments ago and seemed to understand what had just happened. I had saved her, again.

I was already back on my feet, gun in hand. The whole crowd had gone from laughing, drinking, and dancing to screaming and running in just a fraction of a second. I looked over to where the bullet seemed to have come from and saw a big man in a black suit and mask disappearing behind a door. If he had planned on shooting only one bullet, it was meant for one specific person.  I turned around to the girl on the floor, but she was gone. I looked around and my heart started racing. Just as last year I felt a strong urge to protect her. Then I saw her, she was on her way out through the backdoor. I ran after her. Had she understood what just happened? Did she know how much danger she would be in if she just walked outside? She was aware someone had just tried to kill her seconds ago, right?

"Where are you going" I yelled and tried to grab her hand, but stopped when I saw that she was holding a dagger. Wtf? Did she know someone was out for her? "The fuck away from here" she said and continued to run out to the street, I followed right behind. Fuck. "Let me drive you" I blurted out. What?! I had literally just told her how she was a spoiled brat and now I was going to give her a ride? "What?!" she said, obviously sharing my thoughts.

"My bike is right there, just let me get you away from here, somewhere safe" I said. I was leaving anyways; it wouldn't hurt me to just let her ride with me. She looked at me, Qback to the door and then out to the street. It didn't look like she had much of a choice. "Ok" she said, her voice was shaking. I ran to my bike and hopped on, she followed right behind. Her hands wrapped around my waist and she pressed her body against my back. I smirked a little as I started the bike and kicked off. Even in a situation like this, I liked the feeling of her hands wrapped around me.