racing

"You give me butterflies and adrenaline highs"
-Butterflies rising
Song: Unforgettable - French Montana and Swae Lee
———————————————
Evelyns pov:

''Well then, I dare you to race me''

I was actually having a great time, until Maxence decided to ask me that one question. The look. I realized that I wasn't as good at hiding my feeling as I thought. But no one had ever commented or noticed it. But of course he noticed, he noticed everything. I needed to control my emotions. I understood the look he had seen was every time my mind reminded me why I was here and who he was. It came so sudden every time, he made it so easy to forget everything about the stupid mission and just everything in general, but I would get these rushes of guilt through my body that would throw me back into reality. That must have been what he was seeing.

I needed to make him forget about my look and stop trying to read me. Therefore racing him actually seemed like the perfect distraction to get his mind on something else. In addition, I would love to get my mind on something else aswell, and I never said no to a little adrenaline kick. However, before I could answer he smirked and said in a cocky tone "Or are you afraid you will lose?"

Oh, Please. I looked at him and mirrored his smirk."Oh Honey, we both know who's the winner here. It's you that should be afraid". He raised his eyebrows like he was saying «oh really». "Then I think we should settle this once and for all. The first person arriving back to the restaurant after driving one round around the city, wins. And there's a twist here as well" he said. It always seemed to be some twist with him, huh? Maybe that's what made him so mysterious and exciting... "The loser HAS to do the dare the winner gives them. So are you in, or backing down, Caro?" he said and leaned forward so our noses were almost touching. I stared back into his challenging eyes, no way I was backing down now. "Bring it on!". Our grins were wide as we (he) paid for dinner and got up to leave. We were both insanely competetive and loved the challenge we had in front of us.
Another thing we had in common.

————————————————————————

We walked out of the restaurant and down to the parking garage to get our bikes. His, I recognized from the ball, it was an all black BMW sports bike. It was absolutely gorgeous, but so was mine. I had an all red Ducati with black details. I loved that bike with my whole heart. As I got onto my bike I heard Maxence question behind me "That's yours?". Turning around I rolled my eyes "No Maxence, I'm just sitting on some random persons bike" my voice was dripping of sarcams.

He laughed at my comment,"It was just a question Caro, now are you ready?" He asked while getting onto his bike. "Yes" I replied while putting on my helmet "You?" I asked back. "Of course. Remember, around town and back to the restaurant" he paused a little and gave me a stare before he added "and no shortcuts"

"Excuse me" I said, acting all offended "I always win fair and square, but I don't think I can say the same for you?" I asked and squinted my eyes. I knew mafia men played it dirty, but they never admitted to it. So I already knew his answer before he said it. "Always". And when he opened the screen on his helmet and winked at me, I already saw it coming. It was so weird how our bodies had only met a couple weeks ago, but somehow it felt like our souls already knew everything about the other. It was a whole new level of silent understanding between us that I couldn't quite wrap my head around.

He started his engine and threw me back into reality. It made an amazing sound, I could hear that he took care of it. I started mine too and it gave almost the same sound, I took care of my bike aswell. Maxence gave me an approving look. Then, he held up three fingers.
"Three" He yelled over the sound of the motors on our bikes. "Two".... "ONE"
Game on bitches