Not the Devil's secret anymore

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies" -Unknown

Song: The night we met- Lord Huron

——————————————————————————————
Evelyns pov:

His eyes.
Not the warm eyes I used to adore.
They were stone cold, similar to my own.

His voice.
Not the warm tone my ears adored.
It was cold, like it was before.

Before.
When everything was good.

I want before.

I want him.
————————————

"Just leave" I tried to approach him, but he stepped away. "Don't just leave" his voice was cold. "Maxenc-" my voice was cut off "don't fucking call me that, just fucking leave." Suddenly a glass was thrown at the wall right next to my head. I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek, and I could feel the blood run down my cheek. I took my fingers on the cut, and looked at him. I could see regret in his eyes for a split second, but it was fast gone and replaced with cold eyes.

"I don't want to see you again"
————————————

"Ladies and gentleman, we will be landing in New York in about 10 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and raise your seats."

My eyes opened, and I was meet with city lights and the sound of air plain engines.
My cheeks were tear stained and my eyes puffy. I have been crying for the past 24 hours. The cut on my cheek from last night is burning, but I couldn't care less. I deserved it.

After I left Maxence's last night, I didn't even care to pack my stuff. I called a cab and took the first plane to New York. I needed to talk with the man that called. I was going to sort everything out. In less than 24 hours my life had turned upside down.

The only person I have right now is myself, and I simply cannot trust anyone. Not until I know what's going on. I need to be on guard, cause anything can happen.

————————————
Maxences pov:

Dystychiphobia, the fear of hurting someone.

Agliophobia, the fear of being hurt.

Philophobia, the fear of being in love and falling in love.

Alexithymia, caused by all the above.
An inability to describe emotions in a verbal manner.

I haven't talked to a single soul. No one since her. The guys have tried to talk to me, but I can't use a verbal manner to describe how I feel. Instead I show my emotions trough physical pain. I've been on missions, to keep myself occupied. Killing and hurting people, as well as drinking, so I don't have to feel. Feel what she did to me, it wasn't real. Not to her at least.

Zane told me she had gone. She had left without her stuff, Lula and Sienna hadn't even talked to her. No one knows where she is. Maybe that's for the better.
"Max, one of our rival gangs are causing trouble at The Devil's secret" Blaze said breaking me out of my thoughts. I put on a pair of black jeans and a black shirt, and opened the door without even looking at the guys. The devil's secret, everyone kept asking about the names meaning. It was her, as usual. Well the secret ain't a secret no more I guess.
Walking outside I could still see her bike laying on the ground. I needed to get someone to remove it.

The engine came to live and I speed out on the road. The rain poured down, something that was unusual in Sicily. I turned on the radio, to tune out my thoughts. The night we met by Lord Huron played on the radio.