these boys ain't shit

«Sometimes a bad bitch, sometimes a sad bitch» - Unknown

Song: The beach- The neighbourhood
————————————————————————

That fucking asshole

I could've handled it myself. He looked at me like I was useless, and if  theres one thing I'm not, it's that. I tought I showed him and everyone else at the tournament that, but clearly not. Fucker. He was so cocky and was clearly an asshole. But those eyes were still freaking beautiful, not to mention he looked like a greek god. Wait no, more like and Italian god. Why am I like this. I looked down on the handprint he had left on my arm. Looking at the mark I felt anger and rage but also a feeling of excitement and sparks in my core. You fucking hormonal teenager. Thinking about his cocky comments made this feeling grow. Of course I just had to get turned on by mean boys with issues, and guns.

Hell, for some reason I felt like that wasn't the last time I would see those eyes.

With the match and the mystery man, I had completely forgotten about Scott. I took up my phone, still nothing, not one text from him. So, I decided to call him. It rang four times before he answered. ''Hi, Eve'' he panted. Wtf? Oh, he was probably at the gym. But then I heard a girl giggle in the background ''Come back to bed Scott''. I felt my heart drop and anger boiling under my skin.''What the heck Scott, who the fuck is that?» I said, my voice shaking. «What? No one» he said cauteously. Then I clearly heard him follow it up with a «shhhh».

It was hard to even get one word out, I was so mad I wanted to throw something, anything. And then the realisation hit me and suddenly all the words came out «So this is the reason why you haven't called, or even sent a text while I was on the other side of the planet at the most important event of my fucking life?!'' I hissed into the phone. I felt the urge to throw the phone on the ground and tears were building up in my eyes but I refused to let him hear me cry.

''I can explain Evelyn'' he pleaded. He called me by my first name, he knows not to do that. No one was allowed after my mom disappeared, and he knew that. That was the last drop that made me so furious I literally started screaming in the middle of the street. Any feeling of sadness I had moments ago was long gone. «You fucking asshole! I don't need your stupid excuses!! Go back to fucking that whore of yours. We're fucking done!'' and then I ended the call, just like he had ended our 3 year relationship the moment he decided to fuck some random girl.

I looked up from my phone and saw about 10 people staring at me. «What the fuck are you looking at?» I said angrily. They all looked away and continued doing whatever it was they were doing before they started watching my life falling apart like it was some fucking theathre. I felt a sting of guilt yelling at innocent people like that. Fuck could anything get worse?  On top of everything I had to be an ass as well.

I didn't want the paparazzi or anyone else to find me like this so I just started running as far as possible away from the stadium. I left my boxing gear and everything else there, that I could deal with tomorrow.

As I ran I didn't even notice the cold night air blowing against my bare skin. I was still only wearing shorts and a sports bra, but I didn't care about freezing. I had so many feelings and thoughts inside my head I felt like it was going to explode any minute. Wtf had just happened? Scott... the love of my life, my best friend, my soulmate.. had just cheated on me?

After having been running for a while with no direction I stopped to send a text to Maddy explaining that Scott was cheating. I didn't have the energy to call. I was hoping she would say something to lighten my mood or at least make me feel slightly better. She always responds in seconds, that's one of the things I love about her; she was always there for me when I needed her. But weirdly enough this time she wasn't. Fuck.

I decided to find the directions back to the hotel on google maps and  just walk there instead, she would probably answer soon. I wasn't in the mood to celebrate. I was just tired, and I wanted to go home, back to my dad and Maddy. I felt a raindrop hitting my face, and I looked up. The sky opened, and it started to pour. Nice. I was wrong, the night could get worse. I felt the cold raindrops agains my skin and my hair was already getting wet so I picked up the pace. After a while I could see the hotel, so I sprinted the last bit.

Panting, I opened the door and immediately felt several flashes hitting my face, and voices fighting to be heard by me. ''How is it being the first girl champion, and only being seventeen?'' one asked. ''Where is the trophy?'' another one yelled. ''How are you feeling right now'' ''What is your real name?'' ''Why do you call yourself the devil?'' I ignored the reporters and went straight to the elevators, hit the button that said seven and waited for the doors to close. As they did, I felt a tear slip from my eye. Why was it that this day, the day that was supposed to be the best of my life, ended up being the worst?

Second worst actually, a nice second place after the day I woke up to find out my mom didn't want me anymore. As I thought about my mom I realised I hadn't talked to my dad yet. That would have to wait, I couldn't let him see me like this.

I locked myself into the hotel room and saw the throphy , the cash price and a basket on my bed. I threw it off  and fell face first onto the pillows. I felt sleep take over and the last thing I remember before falling asleep was just a flash of gold...

————————————————————————

The morning after I woke up with a headache and puffy eyes. Remembering last night, I threw my head back down on my pillow and groaned. I just wanted to lay here all day and without having to worry about anything. But I had to face reality eventually 'cause my flight back home was today at 1 PM. Then I remembered I had to pack my bags and pick up my equipment that I left at the championship last night as well, so I knew I had to get up anyway.

On the bright side, I had in fact won the match yesterday. I decided to only focus on that. My dad had always taught me to look at the bright side of things. I really looked forward to see my dad's face when I showed him the trophee. He is gonna be so proud.

————————————————————————

After I had gotten all my stuff from the stadium I had two and a half hours left before the flight. I was gonna go straight to the airport from there, but I purposly told the driver to come pick me up at 11 AM so I would have a little more time at the stadium than what I actually needed. I told myself it was just because I wanted to really feel the happiness of the victory that got stolen by Scott yesterday. But as I was standing at the top of the stadium watching over the ring, I didn't think about the match at all. My mind was filled with golden eyes and tattoos.

————————————————————————

I stared through the window at the airplane as Sicily became smaller and smaller until we went through the clouds and it disappeared. I was finally on my way home, I had only been here for two days but it felt like a whole lifetime. Maybe because my whole life fell apart in those 48 hours, and I had no idea how to put it back together.
Little did I know it was only the beginning

Bye Scicily, Hello New York.
————————————————————————
*Authors note*

Follow us on IG for updates, sneakpeaks and more🖤😈 @dancingwiththedevilwattpad

We love and appreciate you all so much!

Happy to hear any feedback you have❤️

~A&N