calm before the storm

«You never realize how cold your heart is until someone melts your ice» - Unknown

Song: Please Notice- Christian Leave
——————————————————————-
Evelyns POV:
After talking with the girls alone and convincing them I did in fact not sleep with a stranger I just met the night before and after eating a DELICIOUS breakfast (he COOKS aswell!!) all three of us went home. Then started the best 4 months of my life
————————————————————————
4 months later

Authors POV:

The next months of Evelyns and Maxences lives were the best they had ever experienced. They were learning about eachother as well as themselves, every day they were getting closer and closer. Both were trying to fight the feelings that were growing and blossoming like crazy.

Evelyn was justifying all the time they were spending together by blaming it on «the mission» but in reality, she had forgotten everything about the mission, and was ghosting the mafia.

Maxence had never felt anything like that for anyone, everyday he and Evelyn were together (wich was almost every day), he felt his heart defrost more and more. He told the boys she was just a fling and good in bed, he said she didn't mean anything to him. But in reality, nothing had ever meant any more to him. He didn't want to admit it but he was scared to death of how much he suddenly felt.

They were denying the feelings so much that it resulted in the feelings growing even stronger, both were lying to their friends and mafias and most of all to themselves, but after a couple of months they realized it was inevitable. They had fallen for each other, and fallen hard.

They connected with eachother on a level never felt before, emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually. They were never bored when they were together, they made eachother shine, in ways they had never shone before. Evelyn could walk into a room where Maxence was pissed off and in a bad mood, and she would not only light up the room, but light up his whole world and view on any situation.

Their friends saw right through their lies, they knew, long before Evelyn and Maxence, that what they were seeing in front of them, was raw love. Lula and Sienna loved the way Evelyn had blossomed since she met Maxence, and Zane and Blaze were impressed by how their stone cold best friend had becomed so nice?

But both Zane and Lula had caught onto something that no one else had noticed. Lula sometimes found the way they were so dependent on eachother a little toxic. And Zane was suspicious of Evelyn. He and Blaze both recognized her from the boxing match and the ball, and then at the date, and Blaze didn't seem to think anything off it. But Zane, always the more sceptical one, found it weird how this girl from the U.S just kept appearing in Maxences life. Not to mention then becoming the only thing he had ever loved? It just seemed like something was off. But of course neither Lula or Zane shared their doubts on the relationship with anyone else in fear of loosing their best friends.

They did have fights, and everything wasn't always sunshine and rainbows in their weird relationship/situationship. Some nights Lula and Sienna would see Evelyn come home crying and punching on her boxing pillow in her room, but then, every time, Maxence would come on his bike about a hour later and literally break into their home to talk to her.

The lows were lows but the highs were so high the lows weren't even a worry. It maybe wasn't the most healthy relationship. Some would maybe even say their relationship was toxic (Lula) , but since they didn't even label their relationship as a real relationship they couldn't give less fucks about what others thought.

They were addicted to eachother, in every way possible. Their love was like a drug, that they both just couldn't get enough of. It all felt so unreal and too good to be true, and what they didn't know was that; it really was.