|Blood in my Lungs|

A few weeks flew by and I have heard anything from Adrien, strange how I check up on the news but nothing has happened

A few weeks flew by and I have heard anything from Adrien, strange how I check up on the news but nothing has happened. I though by now he would be after me or something but nothing, I know weird of me for checking up but it leaves this lingering feeling of something I once had. Gone now.

I shook my head in disbelief and focused on the papers in hand, a meeting was going to be held soon later tonight in Italy. I signed a couple of the documents that were about the shipments and other notices.

Along with my family's mafia side they also had company's, me being the workaholic that I am I took over that part of the business as well. My parents deserve a break and now that I'm here I can give it to them.

"Mistress Rosalie the car is ready downstairs and here is your coat." A maid suddenly came into my office while speaking and holding my white coat in her hands.

"Thank you Mia I'll be down there shortly." I replied and put the coat on my shoulders.
After grabbing my purse I make my way out of my office and into the foyer where I see my parents making out. I guess they're getting along just fine. Looking away quickly I head outside and into the black Rolls Royce, saying a quick hello to the driver I step inside and the car takes off.

I stare out the tinted window and watch as the trees pass by in a blur and converted into the lights of the city, such a beautiful sight.

As peaceful as the drive was it was cut short, I stepped out into the large patio of the palazzo. Waving the driver goodbye I walked towards one of the dark archways leading into the inside. It was breathtaking. Statues of Greek gods and people from the past were placed on podiums of marble while the high ceilings had beautiful arched designs.

"Excuse me Miss but your name please, this is a reserved place." He asked and I was taken a bit back by his sudden reply.

"I am Rosalie Eves Laurents here's my invitation for the meeting." I answered and showed it to him, he nodded then proceeded to show me the way to the meeting room.

There where many people seated in the middle of the room with a large table in the center, the room was well light and the ceiling adorned with paintings of angels and other biblical figures.

I sat down on the seat the man pulled out for me and waited for the rest of the seats to be filled, the room was silent and strategically placed with body guards at every corner. People of all kinds sat at this table, women with kind killing smiles, bald men, handsome guys, with just a few glances I could tell which mafia they ran. The Russians, Spanish, American, Japanese, along with other small branches. All that was missing was the main powerhouse, the Italian. The main powerhouse of all this.

Whoever they were, they call the shots around here. A few minutes go by and wine is being passed out. I stir the wine gently in my glass a little suspicious but take a few sips, it was very sweet yet savory.