|Why me|

Time had stopped, everything stopped moving. I trembled in fear as I saw the scene in front of me, Adrien proposing to me on a beautiful beach, roses and candles everywhere. I didn't deserve this, to forcefully marry someone I didn't even know. Or maybe I did.

"Adrien you know my answer and you know I don't care what that paper said. I
won't marry you." His eyed were the only thing that stood out that moment, they became darker, almost black even.

"You should know this Rosalie, no one will separate us from being together. The deal was made a long time ago and it already seals your faith, you are bound to me wether you learn to accept it or not." He stood up and walked towards me quickly, I started walking back but he was already in front of me. Adrien took my left hand and forced the ring on my finger immediately, my eyes started to tear up as his grip on my hand tightened.

"What are you talking about Adrien, what deal, whatever it is I will find a way to break it because I am not yours." I pulled my arm away from him with all my might and started running, I kicked off my heels in the process and kept running down the beach.

Thank goodness I took track while I was in high school or else I would be a goner right now but still I've lost some of my stamina over time. I ran as fast as I could, if i got far enough I could get away from him finally. I ran faster as I saw a group of people in the distance, I yelled trying to get there attention until they looked over.

I was almost there until I stopped, I saw Isabella with tears in her eyes and a man pointing a gun at her head.

"Well you sure run fast mon amour but it looks like this chase has come to an end." He placed his cold hand on my shoulder which made me shiver at his touch.

"Please let her go, she's all I have left." My eyes poured out, how could I not cry. The woman who took care of me and the one I consider my mother is being held at gunpoint.

"You already know what I want, all you have to do is be my pretty little wife and stay by my side. Just comply to it all." His words were clear as crystal, but why did it have to be me.

"I want to take her place." I said and took his hand off of me then walked towards Isabella.

"From what I can remember she was always there for me, she was the mother figure I needed in my life. And I wouldn't think twice of sacrificing my own life for her, she means everything to me." I said as I stood in-front of Isabella, nodding at the man he let her go. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug one last time.

"Rosalie please don't do this, I have lived my life already. Now run and go on with your life, do new things and explore, please my dear I can't bare to see you die in front of me." She cried more into my arms and hugged me tighter.

"I have lived my life to the fullest Isabella, thank you for everything. I will never forget the love you gave me mom." I replied and took her off of me, I took a gun from one of the men and pointed straight at my head.

"ROSALIE NO!!!" *BANG*

The gunshot echoed through the beach as my limp body fell on the cold sand and I looked up at the sky. What a beautiful sight indeed, my eyes started becoming heavier as I saw people coming in and looking down at me. Adrien was the first I saw as tears flowed down his eyes for the first time, I thought I would pass out but I didn't. Surprisingly I felt fine, I didn't feel any pain until it hit me hard. An excruciating pain filled my body as I tried to look around, to my left I saw Isabellas hand with a bullet wound through it covered with blood.

I felt my body being carried away to a flickering light source yet as I got closer my vision became more of a blur, my eyelids felt heavy and soon the darkness consumed me.

In a swift motion she changed her position with that woman and took a gun in her hand from one of my men, I ran towards her but I was too late

The gunshot echoed and I saw her body fall onto the sand, immediately I went over to her. Her head was fine but her arm was bleeding rapidly, I applied pressure onto it and yelled at one of my guards to call an ambulance. Her blue eyes looked up at the sky then at me, I was so afraid that I could lose the only person who meant the world to me that I began to cry. In all my life I have only cried twice, the first was when she left and now this. To describe the pain of knowing you could potentially lose the one you care about the most, words couldn't even touch the surface of it.

She looked over to her left and my eyes followed, I saw the woman who my love cared so much about. On the floor with a bullet hole through her hand, I picked up Rosalie and told my men to take the woman as well to the hospital. The ambulance came as I rushed towards the flashing lights, the doctors put her on a stretcher and took her inside the ambulance immediately. I stepped inside as well and held her hand in mines, then her eyes closed.

Tonight was supposed to be special.

The doctors managed to stop the bleeding and keep her breathing in control, I kissed her hand multiple times trying to reassure myself that she was going to be alright.

We made it to the nearest hospital in time and she was taken to the surgery room, I sat in the private waiting area pacing around until finally a doctor came in.

"Mr. Van Cartier your wife will be fine, thankfully the bullet didn't tear any ligaments or blood vessels so she will have a fast recovery. She was lucky enough that it didn't damage a serious part in her arm, if the bullet wound have hit just a few centimeters closer her arm joint would have to be replaced with a prosthetic." He said as he showed me the X-rays in his hand.

"Thank you doctor and how is the other one." I asked, the doctor sighed and took out a different X-ray.

"The bullet damaged her palm severely and even shattered fragments of her bones, we removed them but we aren't precisely sure when her hand will be able to move again. In the mean time she has a cast and I advise that she doesn't move her hand, that is all." I then thanked him again and he lead me towards the woman's room.

She looked at me with anger in her eyes then the doctor and nurse left.

"I want to thank you for saving Rosalie's life, I am forever grateful to you." She scoffed snd looked the other way.

"I don't care if you're grateful to me, I will protect my niece with my life until her parents are free. Your time with her will soon end Adrien and once her parents come back you know what they will do. Oh I cant wait to see that ring forever gone from her hand, and you will finally learn to stay away from our family." I gripped my fist in anger but let go and smirked.

"The deal can never be broken because of the special contract the two families have, so I suggest that you should start picking out what to wear on me an Rosalie's wedding day. I'll be sure to save you a seat at the front Claire Isabella Franx." I said and walked out then made my way to Rosalies room. I opened the door and saw my wife sleeping on the hospital bed with an IV in her other arm. Bringing the chair on the other side of the room closer to her I sat down then held her hand in mines and kissed it.

I made my way into her bed and turned the lights off,  putting the blanket over us as I cuddled her in my arms. I kissed her forehead and slept by her side through the whole night.