|The Talk|

I hugged my grandmother and felt this tranquility come over in the air

I hugged my grandmother and felt this tranquility come over in the air. It felt good to have another family member, coming from a once orphans perspective this was a feeling I though u would never experience one day.

"Now if I know one things for sure that crease on Marie's face means business, so what did you three come here to talk about." My grandfather said.

"Well dad I was hoping to talk to you about the treaty, concerning Rosalie and Adrien from the Van Cartier family." My mother spoke then my grandfather grimaced at the thought.

"Why don't we talk about the treaty later Marie, right now we have a reunion to get to. It's a good thing I made my signature cake this morning." My grandfather added while both Clair and my mom have an anxious smile.

"You know dad Marie has been really wanting some of your cake lately." Aunt Clair said.

"Stop lying Marie you know you lost that bet, anyway dad we have to discuss the treaty now. I would prefer we settle with the hard stuff now instead of later." My mother explained while my grandfather guided her towards the nearby kitchen.

"It can wait Marie now let's enjoy our time together." We all followed their way towards the kitchen which may I saw was simply lavishing. Everything was done to the small detail, from the large chandelier that hung in the center to the dark wood accents and black marble touches.

As grandfather walked over to the fridge grandmother brought the previous tea over and poured some cups for herself and her husband.

"Dad stop changing the subject, I know how you are when you not want to talk about something but this is important." My mother pleaded and with a heavy sigh my grandfather took the cake out: he placed it on the marble counter then looked at my mother.

"Fine, where do you want to start." Once he agreed it sounded like music to my ears but not even twenty minutes later they were at each other's necks.

"I WILL NOT HAVE MY DAUGHTER MARRY SOME DEVIL!!" My mother yelled.

"MARIE ELIZABETH CALM DOWN NOW, YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO TALK ABOUT OUR DECISION!!" My grandfather scolded at my mother and their argument only continued.

"ENOUGH!!" I announced and silence fell into the room.

"Is there really not anything we can do about it, for all we know there can be something in the bigger picture." I replied  and they all looked down.

"Rosalie trust me I am trying everything I possibly can and believe me I will not have you suffer the consequences for my parents poor decisions." My mother warned and looked towards my grandparents, staring at them dead in the eye.

"This is why we don't entrust you with the family business Marie, you are in no position to lecture us about our decisions." My grandfather replied and I could already feel their argument starting to pick up again.