|In another Lifetime|

Time

We had none of it left, but with our last breath we knew we would be fine. We understood that we would be safe, that all this suffering and pain in our hearts would end.

Yet when my eyes opened I was brought with the present, all that time that had passed. All those days and week just retrying to heal suddenly stopped and now I was here. In a place where everything we have been through was left in the past. We could finally walk forward together, hand in hand and face a beautiful reality. A paradise.

"Come on or we will be late."

"I'm coming I'm coming Alright just let me put on my heels."

"Hurry up Natalie we don't have all day."

"I'm coming Olivia jeez."

The heels and shoes of men and woman clicked against the cold paved ground, white roses had been placed down the edges of the aisle. Side by side the assembly was all here and seated.

then the man of the hour came walking down in his all black suit. Hair perfectly combed back, quaffed a bit up. when he arrived at the end he held the biggest smile on his face.

Suddenly the music had begun to play, signaling it was time to start. The two doors at the end opened then Emile and Gabriel walked down the aisle. Then followed by Olivia and Natalie who held two gold chalices. Finally Alexis and Liam came walking down side by side, they threw rose petals towards the crowd. They were all placed alone the rights and left sides of the altar, ready for who was next to come out.

Next then the man of the hour came walking down in his all black suit. His hair perfectly combed back, quaffed up a bit. when he arrived at the end he held the biggest smile on his face.

Everyone arose from their seats as a single note from the piano was played then looked forward towards the French doors that two guards slowly opened, and there she was. Eyes as blue as the sea, lips as red as the rose, hair black as ebony, skin just as pale as snow. Rosalie.

She walked down that aisle with her head held up high, her father Stephen's arm wrapped around her left and Marie's arm on her right. She wore a breathtaking mermaid style dress with a black lace bodice and a black lace train on the bottom. Her hair was loose and in perfect curls, her eyeshadow a beautiful brown and deep red painted lips.

As she stared into the eyes of her future husband you could see that her eyes held warmth and love in them. Then when her father and mother let her go they both smiled with certainty then gave Adrien a firm hug then sat down.

Rosalie walked the final steps to the altar and stood before her husband, she gave her bouquet to Olivia and the ceremony began. The assembly sat down as the couple stared into each other's eyes, hand in hand like there was no one else but them. All other words and noises were silenced as this moment in time stopped  right before them.

"Ahem Mr. Van Cartier, do you take Rosalie Eves Laurents to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold for sickness and in health." The priest said and he already knew his answer from the day they first met.

"I do." Adrien answered.

"And do you Ms. Laurents, take Adrien Montier Van Cartier to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold for sickness and in health." As she looking into his eyes she felt all her love for this man, through the trials and weeks of torture. They pulled through, they managed to find what they had longed for. Each other.

"I do." Rosalie answered.

"May the rings be brought fourth along with the chalices please." The priest announced and in came Lucas in a suit much like his fathers with the rings on a small pillow. He held his smile of pure happiness as his two parents were together again. Lucas handed the rings to them and stood besides his mother and father. The chalices were handed to the priest by  Olivia and Natalie, the priest poured some wine into the cups and held them at the altar along with the main candle.

"And now the exchange of the rings." The priest added as Adrien took the ring and her left hand, he looked back up at her then slid the perfectly fitted ring on her finger.

Adrien kissed her hand and she smiled back at him, grabbing his ring she then took his hand as well and slid it through his finger.  The priest handed them the cups filled with wine as they enlaced their hands together and nodded.

"With this hand, I lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle I will light your way in the darkness. And with this ring I ask you to be mine." They vowed in unison then drank from the cup filled with wine then lit the main candle. The cups were handed back to the priest and he spoke once more.

"Now you may kiss the bride." And with that Rosalie took her husband and dipped him slightly as she kissed his lips eagerly. The crowd was a bit surprised but none the less they cheered them on and clapped as they finished then walked down the aisle together.

////

"Do you regret anything in the past Miss Van Cartier." Adrien asked Rosalie as he took her hand, leading her to the dance floor for their first dance.

"If I could change anything, I think it would strangely be to do this all over again with you. As crazy at this all was it only made my love stronger for you my dear." Rosalie replied as she rested her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat as they swayed to the music.

"I love you Rosalie, I love this world that you created with me where everyday I get to see you and our son. I am in love with the thought of falling in love with you and being with you. To live each day with you by my side is like a dream come true

My love we were simply bound together. And May we never separate."