|The Beginning of the End|

"How does a moment last forever? how can a story never die? It is love we must hold onto, never easy but we try

It is love we must hold onto, never easy but we try. Sometimes our happiness is captured, somehow our time and place stand still,
Love lives on inside our hearts and always will. Minutes turn into hours, days to years then gone. But when all else has been forgotten
Still, our song lives on."

I sang the small lullaby that was stuck inside my head since the day I was born. I never knew why it stuck with me but no matter what happened I never forgot about it.

Ever since I could remember I never met or saw my real parents, the orphanage always told me that there was no trace of them anywhere. For the longest time I questioned why they would leave their daughter behind with just a lullaby and a blanket but later on, as I grew older I started to realize that they might have never wanted me to begin with.

I accepted this new profound faith and grew up sooner than I expected. But although the orphanage took care of me when my parents couldn't, I knew I couldn't stay in their care forever. So after I turned 18 I decided to leave Lyon and go to Paris France.

I'll never forget the day that I left. Isabella, the woman who took care of me the most gave me a small box saying that my parents left it for me to open it once I turned 18. Inside the box laid the lullaby I always sang myself to sleep on an old piece of paper. The lyrics written word for word with two names written at the bottom piece of the paper.

Stephen and Marie Laurents.

I figured it was the name of my parents and somehow it left me content knowing I knew their names at least. The box also held a small beige blanket with my name threaded on it in cursive.

What Isabella gave me wasn't much but I was forever grateful to her and the orphanage. With the small wooden box and a single luggage in hand I left for Paris and decided to follow my passion. Art. To my surprise I was very fortunate, I was tutored by an old friend of Isabella who was the kindest women I met and showed me everything I needed to know about art. I sold my first painting at the age of 20 and started painting more and more, people soon started to admire my work and at the age of 21, one of my most treasured paintings was hung in the Louver museum.

After my new found success I bought my first apartment around that year and I still keep painting to this day. My life change so quickly somehow, it was as if everything went by in a blur once I left the orphanage.

And maybe deep down it was faith for my life to speed by so quickly but I honest couldn't figure out why.

*Ring Ring Ring*

My paint brush dropped to the floor by the sudden ringing of my little antique rotary phone. There I go again getting lost in my own world.