Chapter Nineteen (Tris)

"You're free to go." the doctor says after checking to see if I'm ok to leave.

I sigh, relieved.

"Just keep your band-aid on your cheek for another week." he says.

"Ok."

Supposedly the band-aid on my cheek can help get rid of the scar quicker so you could hardly see it.

"Four can you help me up?" I say to Tobias being careful not to use his real name because people are in the room.

Tobias comes over and helps me up. I hop out of my bed and get the stack of clothes on the chair next to the bed. Tobias went to my apartment to get me clothes so I didn't have to keep this stupid hospital gown on. I just hope he didn't see my underwear or bras...

I walk out of the hospital room and down the hallway towards the nearest bathroom. I walk in and lock the door because it is one of those single toilet bathrooms. I change into a black tank top with black yoga pants. I then put on black tennis shoes and put my hair in a ponytail.

I fold up my hospital gown and unlock the door. I walk out of the bathroom and back towards my room. When I walk in, I see Tobias getting the rest of my things together. When he sees me he says:

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

We walk out of my room and down the hall towards the door to exit the Infirmary. We walk through the pit and towards the hallway where my apartment is. When we get to that hallway, I immediately stop. I realize this is the hallway I got shot.

Tobias keeps walking until he realizes that I stopped. He turns around and runs up to me.

"What's the matter?" he asks softly.

"It's j-just I'm h-having f-flashbacks to when the w-whole incident h-happened. It was i-in this h-hallway." I manage to say, starting to cry.

"Hey," he says putting a hand to my cheek. "It's ok. Your safe now Marcus can't bother us now. He's been taken care of."

"Ok."

He kisses me slow a passionately. I pull back after a couple second and we walk the rest of the way towards our apartments. We walk into mine and I take a deep breath.

"Home sweet home!" I say.

"Not for long." Tobias says.

"What do you mean?" I turn around and look at him confused.

"Well, I've been looking at some apartments to move into once we get married. And I found the perfect one. Want to go see it?"

"Sure! But only if you give me a piggy back ride there."

"Ok. Get on." he says while turning so his back is facing me.

I jump on and he walks out of my apartment. When he walks out, he turns right and walks down the rest of the hallway. At the end of the hallway is an elevator, which we get on. Tobias pushes "3" on the wall with the buttons. We ride up the elevator until we hear a ding. The doors open, and we get out. Tobias walks about halfway down the hallway, then turns left. We are in front of a door.

"This is it." he says.

He takes keys out of his pocket, and unlocks the door. When he walks in, my mouth immediately drops. I hop off his back and walk further. When you walk in, on your left is the kitchen and on the right is a coat rack. If you walk in a little more, it shows a big open area with a black couch, matching chair, and a coffee table. Beside the couch is a side table with a lamp on it and across from the couch is a black TV.

Beside the chair is a slide door with curtains over it. I move the curtains out of the way, and I'm speechless. It's a balcony that looks over the whole city. I walk outside to see the view better. You can see the Navy Pier, Hub, and a bunch of other buildings. I walk back in and Tobias looks at me.

"Do you like it?" he asks me.

I walk over to him and kiss him. I pull away, and bury my head in his shoulder.

"I love it," I mumble in his shirt. "Thank you so much."

"That's not all."

He goes towards a slide door close to the kitchen exit and slides it open. I walk in and I can't believe it. It's a dinning room with a black table and chairs, a vase in the middle of the table with flowers in it, and a beautiful diamond chandelier above the table.

"Woah." is all I say.

"Last thing." Tobias says and leads me towards a hallway.

We walk in the hallway and there are about four doors.

"Three of these rooms will be our kid's rooms. I'm not saying we'll have three kids but we will use them." he says.

When then walk down the rest of the hallway and walk into a giant master bedroom. There's a black bed with black sheets, and red and white pillows, a giant flat screen TV on the other side of the room, a side table next to the bed with a lamp, a closet door next to the TV, a dresser against the wall, and a master bathroom door on the other side of the TV.

"Tobias, I don't know what to say. This is amazing. It must have cost a fortune."

"Not really. I bought it off of one of the guys that I work with in the control room."

"Well, it still is amazing. I can't wait until we're married."

"Me neither."

We both lean in and kiss. As we are kissing, I realize:

I am his and he is mine. And it has been that way all along.

A/N~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I've been super busy and not have time. But hey, at least I updated!

I'll update soon but 'til then...

Stay Cool✌️

Books_are_life_10