Chapter Twenty-Three (Tris)

"Tris get up!"

"You're gonna be late if you don't get up!"

"We have to get your hair and makeup done!"

All these voices come rushing through my head as I realize what day it is.

Today is the day where I get married to Tobias Eaton.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I tell them as I get up.

"Ok Tris you need to get in the chair." Christina directs me.

I walk over and sit in the chair.

"Ok, me and Shauna are going to do your makeup, and Mar and Lynn are going to do your hair." Chris says.

"Lynn. Do my hair? Are you crazy?!"

"Actually mine and Shauna's aunt owns a beauty shop that does hair, makeup, nails, etc. and I got a part-time job doing hair. I'm actually pretty good, if I do say so myself." Lynn brags.

"Ok. Whatever you say."

Chris and Shauna get to work on my makeup while Mar and Lynn start on my hair. Chris puts on foundation, along with waterproof mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, blush, and lipstick.

After Chris is done, Shauna starts plucking my eyebrows.

"Ow that hurts." I say rubbing my eyebrow.

"Stop messing it up!" she exclaims.

When she's finally done, all four of them turn me around and examine me.

"You. Look. Gorgeous." Chris says.

"Agreed." Mar says.

Shauna and Lynn nod their heads.

I turn around and look in the mirror. I was shocked.

My makeup was unbelievable. And my hair. Lynn did a pretty epic job. She curled my hair into a mix of tight and lose curls, then took a little bit of my upper hair and twisted it a little bit, then bobby pinned it.

"Now we need to go get ready. Tris you need to put your dress on."

"Ok."

I walk over to Christina's closet to get my dress she hid in there. I pick up my dress that has a white covering on top. I zip the dress out of its covering. I take off my robe, and put the dress on carefully.

"Can someone zip me up!" I yell.

"I'm on it!" Shauna yells while walking through the door. She has her hair done in a side braid, with white flowers in it.

Shauna comes and zips up my dress. I turn around and look in the mirror.

I. Look. Stunning.

The others come in and look at me. All of them having their hair done.

When I look in the mirror, I didn't see the little Abnegation girl who  didn't know what was to become of her, what her destiny was. I see a  brave, selfless, and intelligent young women who is fulfilling her destiny.