Chapter Twenty-Four (Tris)

3 Years Later...

"I'm sorry Mrs. Eaton. We did everything we could." Says the doctor who was doing surgery on my husband.

My whole world comes crashing down. Like waves knocking me over in the water.

I drop to my knees right then, right there in the waiting room of the hospital at Erudite. I put my head in my heads and start crying my eyes out.

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? These are the only thoughts running through my head.

I just sit there. Balling my eyes out, because the only person who makes my whole world complete is gone. Gone because he was shot in the heart.

I stand up while running to the room where my dead husband is at. When I get there, the nurses have started to put the sheet over him.

"Wait." Is all I say.

The nurses nod their heads in understanding and leave us alone.

I walk over to Tobias. I almost turn around at the sight that I see, but I can't. I sit down next to him, looking at his sickly pale face because there is no longer blood circulating through his body. I take his hand in mine, and I lay my head on the hospital bed, crying more than I ever have in my entire life.

"Why did you have to leave us?" I say in a raspy voice.

I look down at my 6 month pregnant stomach, and my heart aches. It aches at the fact that our son will grow up in life with the fact that his father was shot and killed.

A/N~~~~

Hey guys! I know that most of you probably hate me right now, but don't stop reading this fanfic yet! And by the way, this story is coming to an end soon so I just wanted to let you guys know!

Stay Cool✌🏻️

Books_are_life_10