CHAPTER - 1- THE WEATHER FORCAST

A young professor was seen collecting his things from his desk to his bag. One can see that he was preparing to leave his work. Suddenly at noon that day there was a weather forecast that there will be a short but heavy thunderstorm hitting the city of London in the evening of that very day. It was a like a red level warning and all the citizens were advised to reach their respective homes before 6 pm.

So here he was leaving his office after a hectic day at work. He was the only one left in the whole department. The students were already sent home or to their hostel rooms. Almost all the professors had also taken their leave. The library was also closed and currently the college was eerily quiet which was quite the opposite of its usual nature.

Currently Professor Wei Wuxian is speeding up his pace down the ground floor corridor going towards the car parking area. It was already 5 pm and if he does not hurry up, he will not be able to reach his home before 6. He has his ear pod on and was talking animatedly to the person on phone,

"Yes, yes, sweet sister I'm leaving currently. Already at the gate."

"..."

"Nooo how can you even think about such things sis?"

"..."

"You called him? He is already inside the hostel, right? Did you warn him not to pull any stunt?"

"..."

"I know that he is my brother but that does not mean that he will repeat all the mistakes I once did sis" he exclaims exasperatedly.

"..."

"I got it sis. You are currently in your teasing mood so I won't even try to retort. I will call Cheng and tell him not to leave his dorm. Ok?"

"..."

"Hmm got it. Xuan brother is already home so don't worry sis. I am already at the parking lot. I will be hanging up then. Will call you after reaching home, ok?"

"..."

"Ok. Love you too sis. Bye."

Hanging up on the phone he looked up towards the college campus for once before entering his car. He pulled out of the now empty parking lot and speeded up towards his apartment hoping the road would not be too crammed with traffic and he would reach his home before 6. He took the road which can have relatively low traffic and was not disappointed by his decision. He now just hoped that everyone got the news of the thunderstorm and there would not be any news of human casualty on the front page tomorrow.

Pulling out the Bluetooth speaker he calls his stepbrother Jiang Cheng who is current a student of International Business and Politics (MSc) course in Queen Mary University of London.

"Hey Cheng , where are you?"

"... "

"Hmm. Ok. Stay in your room bro, sis was worried that you will pull another stunt like the other time so she called me to check on you. For once is your lifetime don't follow my footsteps and be a good boy okay dear?'

"..."

"Hmm, love you too bro. Will call you after reaching home. I'm currently on road so I'll be hanging up now. I am believing you don't do anything stupid ok?"

"..."

"Okay , okay. Bye."

Now he can go home in a relaxed manner knowing that his family is safe. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he put the speaker back in his bag. He looks too handsome with this smile and also younger compared to his 28 years old age. And now he is looking forward to a work free evening and a good night's sleep after nearly a month. At least that is how he thought his evening and night of an unexpected thunderstorm will go.

But does everything go as we want things to go on? Then how can life be called full of surprises? We never can predict 100% correctly what awaits us in the next moment let alone the future. So how can Professor Wei? Lets see what the future holds for this young Professor.