CHAPTER - 5 - AN INVITATION

Wei Wuxian came out from his car while looking at this young professor. Although he himself was very young to call someone else young still he thought that this man in front of him looked way too young to be a professor.

" So, it's you Professor Wei... saves me a lot of trouble I think"

Wangji said quite awkwardly.

" I also think that Professor Lan. Well how can I help you? "

Wei Wuxian asked Wangji.

Though he did not show it, Wuxian was pretty happy to see Wangji there. He did not see Wangji today in college and was worrying if the young one got sick due to overworking and irregular eating habits which he was sure the younger had. Wuxian never showed it but he always admired Wangji from their college time when he first met him nearly 4 years ago.

Wangji rarely was absent from the college and so when he went absent Wuxian always became worried. One of the reasons was maybe because Wangji seemed to be his only companion during his library hours after college. Though they never talked, they were very familiar with each other. So if one was absent the other missed the presence of another living person within that big silent room.

" Well... you see my car broke down in the middle of the road and I was hoping some help from this car driver about fixing mine.... Umm, can you help?"

" Well... sorry Professor Lan but I really don't know anything about fixing a car. I don't think I can be of any help."

" I see sorry for delaying you on such a day have a safe journey then Professor Wei. "

Wangji ends the conversation with a sad tone. Now he really didn't know what to do. It was already his very good luck that he actually found a car on this road but now that the driver was of no help to him, he felt very helpless. And it seemed pretty unlikely that he would encounter another car on this road at this time today. So the prospect of spending tonight in the car in the middle of a deserted road suddenly sent a chill down his spine.

" And what will you do now? "

Wuxian asked surprising Wangji completely.

Wangji thought that he would leave as soon as he got rid of him. But no, there he was, standing at the same place looking at Wangji concernedly.

" Umm... I guess I'll spend the night within the car and find a way out tomorrow morning."

" Are you kidding?! You are going to spend a night outside a safe roof on such a stormy night? "

" Do I have any other choice? Professor Wei? "

.. After a moment of silence Wuxian answered,

" Yes, You have. Come with me and stay at my place tonight then tomorrow we can find out someone to fix your car and then you can go back. "

To say that Wangji was simply shocked would be an understatement. Never in his wildest dream he could think of spending a night at a complete stranger's house let alone invite someone to stay and here this man was inviting him to stay at his place without batting an eyelash. But currently this option sounded much better to him than a night inside a car.

Noticing that Wangji was still hesitating to take a decision Wuxian felt like slapping some sense inside the younger's mind.

'What is he thinking? Does he still think he will get any better option? Why don't he just say " Okay " and hop into my car so that I can also reach home quickly? '

These thoughts were going through Wuxian's mind.

' Why does he want to take me back to his home? Is he only trying to help me or he has some other thoughts behind inviting me? Even if he has do I get anything staying outside? Probably going with him will do more good than staying here. I know him for nearly 4 years, so nothing very bad can happen right? '

While Wangji was dwelling in his own thought land.

But contemplating the options he had in his hand Wangji decided that going with Wuxian was his best option currently.

" Thanks "

Mumbling this word Wangji started to walk towards his car to lock it to come with Wuxian but Wuxian thought that Wangji rejected his proposal and thanked him for suggesting it. So, being himself he ran after Wangji,

" Hey, Professor Lan , think before you decline my offer nah? Are you really planning to spend the night in a car? I am telling you that I will give you a warm bed to sleep on and you are rejecting it? Just how brainless you are? "

Locking his car securely, Wangji turned around and faced Wuxian with a WTH look on his beautiful angel like face. Seeing the look Wuxian stopped his rambling looking embarrassed, knowing that calling a person like Wangji brainless was definitely not something right.

" Who rejected you? I just came to lock the car."

" Ooo ha ha then fine... uhm lets go then we need to get back quickly."

Wuxian was feeling dumb now.

'Really how stupid can I be? Of course he went back to lock his car! UHHHH!! Me and my overthinking brain...'

He stopped his train of thoughts getting inside the car. Both of them went silent after Wuxian's little shuttering. Wuxian started the car feeling that this was going to be a very boring and silent journey even though someone else was present in the car with him.

----------------