CHAPTER - 9 - UNUSUAL WEEKEND

Sitting beside the window with a cup of black coffee Wangji was staring into nothing outside. Eyes unfocused he was dwelling inside his head swirling all his thoughts trying to sort them out. The more he tried to get all of his thoughts together the more they scattered. Wangji now regretted his decision of not keeping his sleeping pills and antidepressants in his car in case of emergency. As his anxiety attacks did not come frequently or without extreme triggers, Wangji preferred to keep his medication hidden.

Suddenly his phone ranged showing 'Qing Sis' on the screen. Wangji picked up the call instantly.

" Wangji, sorry I did not hear the call. I was with that little rascal inside the bathroom and the phone was on the couch of living room."

" Got it. No need to say sorry."

" Sooo... why the mighty Wangji suddenly called me? "

" Well, sis, the weather is not very well you see... "

" Yeah, you are not thinking about driving in this situation, are you? "

" Umm... that sis "

" DON'T YOU DARE, Wangji, no, never."

" Sis, listen, I'm not going to drive."

" You better not. You know the reason, right? "

Wangji felt another pang of guilt in his heart for worrying his sister-in-law about it. Shoving the sinking feeling at one side, he got back to his senses:

" Hmm, I know. I called to inform you that I'll be returning on Monday."

" Then it's fine, I guess. That person you are staying with, he can be trusted right? "

"... "

" Wangji? Can he be trusted? "

" I don't know. "

" Hmm... so he can be. It's fine. Enjoy your time then. See you on Monday. You're having dinner with us. No denying."

" Hmm, ok. And sis brother..."

" Ooo that guy returned early morning. Do you think he can stay out any longer?"

Wangji chuckled hearing the response. Yes, he definitely knew his cousin. Family means everything to that man. Another pang...

" Yeah, he can't, I know. Inform him about my staying. Will yuh?"

" Sure, sure I'll let him know once he wakes up. Take care of yourself. Bye dear."

" Hmm...Bye. "

Hanging up the call Wangji decided to watch something to take his mind off from all those disturbing thoughts clouding up his mind. Taking out his laptop he put it on charge and opened the book he left in the middle some 3 days ago.

All this while Wuxian was in his room dwindling whether or not he should prod on the case of Wangji's nightmare anymore. From the earlier response, it would not take a genius to figure out that the younger was not ready at all to share the contents of his nightmare. And Wuxian was at a loss as to how to approach this individual to help him, when the said person seemed quite adamant on refusing any help.

' I don't understand, what the hell is his problem? Just why can't he share his problems? And also it felt like he is not used to have someone after waking up from his nightmares. Why's that? Is there no one to take care of him?

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm going to go crazy. Why am I even getting so worked up over a crush I had 4 years ago? Didn't I already decide that I will move on from that stuff?

But he looked so troubled back last night. I wish that I could be of more help...

Ugh... my thoughts are all over the place right now. I need a good cup of coffee.'

-------

The weekend went by silently without any more unnecessary talks. During the whole 2 days no one brought up anything about the incident. While one spent those days cooped up in one room trying to keep his anxiety and depression under control so that the elder would not get any inclination about his actual condition ; the other spent his days thinking whether or not to give his last crush a second chance and also how to get a bit close to the younger.

---------------------------------