Chapter - 14

Wangji slowly entered his apartment with a throbbing head, tired of the whole ordeal that had taken place throughout the whole day. He was at a loss thinking how he was to maintain a friendly co-operation with the other, after everything. He knew that he should buckle himself up and go to the dinner his best friend or rather his sister-in-law had invited him to, but he also knew that he was in no condition to go. He decided to call and let her know that he was not going after all.

"Hello, Wangji? Dear, when are you coming? Yuan is asking about you every other second."

"Sorry to disappoint you honey, but Im not coming."

"And why is that?"

There was an accusation in the tone... and really, he deserved it.

"Well, you know,... , I just got home after nearly 3 days... and I think that I can do with a long sleep... I really need it sis..."

"Wangji... you sound tired... is everything fine dear?"

"Yes, yes, everythings fine. I just need some rest. I will tell you everything the next time we meet."

"Okay, I get it... but remember that I need every detail..."

The last part was Qing teasing him and he knew it. He internally smiled thinking about the face she would be making while teasing him and he decided to make up for this night within a minimum time.

"How about we have dinner this weekend and I tell you guys everything that happened to me during this crazy week?"

"Yes, sure dear, then see you this Friday and no exception... got it?"

"Yes maam... good night sis... see you soon"

"Good night and sweet dreams dear."

               'How ironic' thought Wangji, bitterly, 'just when I know that Ill be having nothing but nightmares she wishes me sweet dreams'. It hurt him to reject his only remaining family to meet up and have dinner together but he also knew that he could not just go there tonight. He had to stay home and gather himself up for the upcoming days.

               These three days of staying awake has drained him of all his strength and his family would catch up pretty quick that something is wrong if he goes there in this state he knew that he had hurt them by refusing to go but he knew no other better option.

               'Aaahhhhh!!!! All is caused because of him... and him alone' even though nothing was Wuxians fault, Wangji felt good dumping all his exhaustion on someone other than himself. And to tell the truth he actually became wary of the other because the elder managed to gauge his emotions in a frighteningly small amount of time and he was to spend the coming months with the same person managing an event, and how he was to keep the elder from discovering more that he already had seemed like a great challenge to Wangji. Though he was good at covering up his emotions he was still tensed. 'What a great luck I have... Really...'

               He thoroughly washed up after a long three days and felt so much better having his comfy nightwear on. He grudgingly made instant noodles for a quick dinner and then took his medicines before calling it a day finally. As he laid down on his bed, he felt his whole body giving up and his eyelids felt so heavy. He slowly closed them thinking about the next morning when he will have to meet and talk with the elder again.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone, I think it is an apology that has already been long over dewed. And I think that I should give some brief explanation to all my readers, I owe you all that much at least.

So, to begin with right after my last update I fell ill. And before my body can recover completely, the finals came knocking on the doorsteps. Before I was done with my semester end exams we had to organize a farewell and reunion for the seniors and shortly after that had to go on a field trip and had other things to deal with as well. So all in all not very smooth and easy months. The time management became a very tough issue and I could not settle my mind to sit down and write.

I know that to some all these may look like useless excuses but for those who will choose to belief me, I'm writing this for them. I hope that my lovely readers will understand my problems and will forgive me.

And at last I can only say that I hope this time I can continue to update regularly till my next exams, which will probably take place in Jan, next year.

Love you, all.