CHAPTER - 4 - LUCK IS NEVER ONLY GOOD OR BAD

Wangji was driving through the deserted woodland road when his car gradually slowed and then stopped moving at all. He checked the fuel meter and found that it was still half-full, so he was puzzled about the reason why the car suddenly decided to stop. Getting down from the car he checked the bonnet as well but without any avail.

For a moment he thought of calling his sister-in-law but backed out after checking the time. The clock showed that it was already 5pm and from his cousin's home it will get nearly 45 minutes to get where he is. No matter how fast she comes they will not be able to get back home by 6pm. And not to mention his nephew will be all alone home which is not a very good idea at this moment. So bitterly he gave up on the idea of calling Xichen or Qing to come for his aid.

At worst he thought that he will just stay within the car and pray that the storm will not be strong enough to blow it away with a tree brunch or boulders, in case he could not find a lift to the city. The road was already deserted enough and after waiting for nearly 15 minutes Wangji was beginning to get desperate for some help. He was slowly losing hope of getting a lift from this road at this hour.

' Shit it'

Wangji cursed under his breathe. The situation definitely was not turning to something bright. Now, watching the sky turning into pitch black, he was getting terrified as well despite the anger he felt towards his own luck. He was desperately eying the road in hope of seeing at least one vehicle that can provide him a ride to his city.

After another couple of minutes he saw a car coming towards him but again clearly luck was not in his favour today. The car was coming from the direction of the city clearly hinting that it would not be able to give a ride to the city.

Having no other way out Wangji had to take the gamble any way.

' Maybe the car driver will be able to fix my car'

This being the only thought on his mind without any delay he jumped in the middle of the road to stop the car. At this point he did not even care about the fact that what if he gets into an accident and the car flees after hitting him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Wei Wuxian was shocked to see a person blocking the road suddenly, though he already noticed the parked car he did not pay it any attention being in a hurry to get back. Now it seemed to him that maybe something was wrong with that car and his only conclusion was the person riding the car intended to stop his car to get help.

Without further thoughts he pulled the car to a side to check the situation. After pulling in the side, Wuxian saw that the other one was already walking towards his car. The person was wearing a hoody and so he was not able to see the face of that approaching person clearly. Suddenly the thought that the person outside can be someone dangerous struck him and he thought that stopping here in the middle of a deserted road was not that good of an idea. But now He had no way out as the person was already outside the window and was knocking on it to open up.

Deciding not to step out from the car, Wuxian slowly pulled down the car window to face the man. The man also pulled his hoody down to talk to the driver of the car...

"Professor Lan !!! "

"Professor Wei !!! "

Both of them exclaimed looking at the person in front of them.

-------------------------------