CHAPTER - 3 THE VISIT TO GRAVEYARD PART 2

A whim of cold wind blows through the graveyard. Lan Wangji is all alone now. Some people came and went but Wangji stayed by his parents graves silently crying. He did not know what to feel anymore now. He particularly hates being alone with his parents because his guilt eats him up no matter how much he wants to bury those feelings deep within his heart. For the last 4 years Xichen kept him company on this day but this year he is not here. Wangji is missing the feeling of having his brother by his side while facing his parents too much.

Through out the whole day Wangji cleared the two graves, put the flowers neatly and then sat down to pass the rest of his time drowned in the memories.

Wangji stands up from his spot and checks the time noticing that it is already 4 in the afternoon he decides to finally go back home. Facing the graves a deep sigh comes out of him,

"Mom, dad sorry. Can you tell me how to feel less guilty?... I guess not right? I did not leave you the chance to talk to me ever again... It should have been me you know it should have been me in your place lying here in a grave. Maybe if it was me you guys would still be in China living with brother and sis, maybe you guys would have gotten a chance to watch your grandson growing up. He is very good you know... Brother still doesn't know that it was not an accident. I don't have the courage to tell him the truth. I don't want to know his reaction. But it hurts, it hurts to keep everything inside to carry this burden alone. Will I ever be able to share this secret ? Maybe not it is my burden to carry, my punishment, mine only. I could not even get the revenge. Do you hate me for the choice I made? Even if you do I can not know... well goodbye mom, goodbye dad, I will visit soon again with brother."

After saying everything he wants to say and feeling that he can never convey his true feelings to his parents, he walks out of the graveyard. Fishing out his phone from his pocket, he discovers that the reception is zero. Feeling that maybe a rain will start soon, he starts to walk towards his car quickly. Walking some distant from the graveyard the reception returns and to his surprise there seems to be 10 missed calls from his brother and 8 from Qing. Just as he decides to call Qing to find out the reason behind so many calls, his phone rings again and Wangji finds his sister-in-law calling again. Without any delay he picks it up,

"Sis? So many calls? Is there any problem? Something happened?"

"No dear nothing happened. But where are you now? Are you still there?"

He sighs in relief knowing that everyone is fine.

"Hmm. Just got out. Going back soon. "

" Wangji a storm was announced not long ago. Are you sure you can reach home before 6?"

"Hmm, can sis. Don't worry. The reception was bad inside so did not get any calls."

" We guessed that much. I am leaving my office now with Sean so don't worry about us. Your brother is going to spend his night in the café."

"Hmm got it. Can you inform him that you talked with me already?"

"Ok I will tell him but Jun, darling, do call and inform one of us after you reach home safely. Am I clear?"

"Hmm I will . Bye sis."

"Bye. Drive safely."

Putting the phone back in his pocket he gets into the car and starts to drive towards the complex he lives.

The road is empty, it seemed everyone around that place already went back home. Wangji goes into the highest speed within limit and drives through the highroad looking at the spectacular view of the woodlands that is spread through both sides of the road positive that he will reach home before the storm.