CHAPTER - 13 - STUCK TOGETHER

With three newly ordered hot coffee cups Wangji came back some 10 minutes later.

"Sorry it took some time Mr. Parkinson."

"It's fine Mr. Lan. Please sit back down."

Mr. Parkinson said taking his cup from Wangji.

After taking a sip from his cup he proceeded with his actual reason to meet up with these two young man.

"I wanted to meet you two today about the Annual Drama Festival. I hope you both remember the times when you took part in this festival..."

He looked towards them inquisitively.

"Yes, sir I remember."

They both answered at the same time.

Looking satisfied Mr. Parkinson started from where he left it,

"Good... Now for this year I want you two to take charge of this event and to guide the students."

Wangji and Wuxian looked at each other

Both of them had different thoughts in them. Wuxian's thoughts could be read in a glance whereas Wangji still had the 'I am not bothered by anything' look on his face.

Looking at Wuxian's overly excited face both Mr. Parkinson and Wangji understood that he was very happy to get this chance. However, Mr. Parkinson was a bit worried by the expression on Wangji's face because he could not fathom what he was thinking.

"Thank you so much for deeming me as the right person for this job sir."

"Are you sure that I am the right person for this job, Sir?"

The two responses were completely different from one another.

Mr. Parkinson sighed looking at Wangji.

"Mr. Lan, I've seen you performing on stage and not just once. I know what you can and cannot do. I've already discussed with the others and they also think that giving this responsibility to youngsters like you is a good decision."

"Okay... Then I have nothing more to complain about. Hope that you'll not be disappointed by me."

Wangji sighed knowing that it was already a lost argument. No matter how much he would like to avoid the elder for the coming days, they would be stuck together for this work.

Getting the green signal from the younger, Mr Parkinson dived back into his rhythm,

"I hope that you remember how much the mentors are supposed to help. Don't worry we are not dumping everything on you. The elders will be always there to provide support and taking charge of this performance will add a good experience point in you PhDs."

They both nodded to show that they agreed with everything.

"Now, coming to the next point, I need the finalized theme of the performance on my table within the coming two weeks. Talk with your seniors and the participants as much as you like. Hope you both a happy co-operation and good luck with the final show."

With these words he took the last sip of his coffee and stood up to leave.

"Thank you for trusting us, sir. We will try our best."

This time both of them spoke together.

With a nod and a handshake with them Mr. Parkinson left them in the cafeteria alone.

They both looked at each other and both felt that any more conversation would be useless and decided to call it a day.

"Hope to have a good time co-operating with you Mr. Lan."

And with a nod Wuxian exited the canteen.

"Good luck to me too."

Muttering this Wangji also came out of the canteen with a very tired look on his face.