Chapter - 21

It had nearly been two months since the day when Wangji watched Wuxian leaving his apartment in silence, not getting the answers to his questions. One might think that after that incident Wuxian would try and avoid Wangji as much as possible, but with a slight annoyance Wangji realized that it was definitely not how things turned out though he would have been the most happy person alive if it did.

                Currently he was sitting in between his adorable nephew and to his ultimate annoyance, Wei Wuxian. If he remembers correctly, it was probably the third time it was happening in mere two months and that was saying something. To his immense disappointment, it seemed that his family liked Wuxian very much from their very first meeting and his nephew being the best friend of the other's nephew did not really help him. After the initial meeting both families liked each other and continued the relationship. Among the multiple dinners that the families shared Wangji had to attend one and he did really like the others including his slightly grumpy brother Jiang Cheng; it was only Wuxian's constant presence in his life that was bothering him.

               It was no different in the college as well. He often found himself in Wuxian's company who would merely chatted away beside him not caring if he was getting a response or not. It unsettled him for some time, true, but then he just let it go. He too wanted to know how long would the other push on. But today he was again uncomfortable for the first time in a while. Just a week ago, he was caught leaving his psychiatrists office, by none other than Wei Wuxian, who turned out to be the doctor's high school friend. His visits to the psychiatrist were something that Wangji was desperately hiding from his family. He already requested Wuxian not so say anything to them but still could not be at ease around him anymore. Though he would give anything to believe otherwise but Wangji could slowly realize that this person sitting beside was slowly knowing more than what Wangji would be comfortable with him knowing.

               He jerked himself out of his thoughts and focused his mind on the conversation that was going on. From the snippets that he heard while swimming in his own head, he knew that they were planning to go on an outing together and Qing was enthusiastically asking Wuxian if he knew when the rest would be available. He mentally shuddered at the thought a little but voiced no objection. He knew that after a long time his family was accepting some one and letting them get close and he was happy to witness it. No matter how much he was afraid of people, he knew that human beings were social beings and no one can or should live alone. It was fine if he did not let anyone come too close to himself but he never would want the same fate for the others. They did not know what he knew and the only reason they did not have close friends was because of Wangji but he wanted to change that. And so when he saw that they were getting close with Yuan's friend's family he did not object being friends with them. He for a reason knew them somewhat and knew that they were the exact opposite of Guangyao's family. That was assurance enough for now. He gulped down his own discomforts every time they surfaced and the result he was facing was an outing with the very person he wanted to avoid with everything in him.

"We were already planning to go out on Christmas, if it would not be troublesome for you all we can all hang out together."

He heard Wuxian proposing to Qing in what he thought to be a sickeningly sweet voice but he knew that it was not.

"But surely it would trouble you guys... would it not? You were planning to have some quality family time I suppose?"

"Ohh... not at all. In fact my sister was already considering asking you when she met you next time. Please don't tell her that I already old you about it."

He added the last part in a hurry as if a child caught doing something he was told not to.

Qing chuckled looking at the man.

"Please don't worry Xianxian. I won't tell her anything... But... but are you sure that you all want us to intrude like that?"

"Very sure. It would be a pleasure, really."

The smile that was adoring his face was 'beautiful'. That was the only word coming to Wangji's mind as he gazed at the person.

               Anyone could tell that the person was being very sincere when he extended the invitation to the lady. Seeing no more reason to decline Qing looked at Xichen a little helplessly. Though she wanted to spend time with the other family but surely she would not like to do so by intruding in their family time. But it seemed as if Xichen merely smiled at her well thought concerns as he smilingly said,

"The pleasure will be all ours and as they say a Christmas spend with friends and family is a Christmas well spent. Is it not?"

Qing could not help but give fierce side looks towards Xichen when Wangji merely sighed. He knew that the matter was settled. Qing, for one thing he knew, really wanted the outing to work out. All her denying were nothing but mere politeness and he also knew that his best friend had already decided what to wear on that day.

"See, Xichen is right. The more the merrier."

No more opposing came from Qing. She smiled and nodded her head.

                Xichen looked at Wangji pointedly. He just gave his brother a slight nod knowing very well that any other gesture would be unapproved and hurt them. He certainly could not deny the invitation knowing how much his little star wanted to go out with his friend and Wangji would happily sacrifice everything to see a smile on that face. And after hearing that everyone would be there, Yuan gifted Wangji with a tight hug all the while smiling at him from ear to ear. Wangji's heart melted at the sight. 'All the discomfort that I'll face will be worth it' was what he thought. What he missed was the fond smile and love-filled gaze with which Wuxian was watching this interaction, but it did not escape the eyes of Xichen and Qing who only smiled to themselves and looked at each other.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my lovely readers. 😊😊

My exams have finally ended. I'm so happy...🥳🥳

It was a long exam season and I survived it. 🥹🥹

I hope that you guys are enjoying the story. Please do comment and let me know how you find this story and my writing style or if there is anything you wish to talk with me. 🥰🥰

Again thank you all so much for sticking through my so unregular updating schedule. 🤧😭

Stay safe and love you all. ❤️😘