CHAPTER - 6 - A HOME IN SOLITUDE

Getting in the car Lan Wangji felt like a pair of eyes were following his every move, moving his head up after buckling the seatbelt, his eyes landed onto a very captivating warm eyes looking at him. From the moment Wangji set his feet inside his car Wei Wuxian did not take his eyes off him. Wuxian was following each and every movement of the younger minutely from the start and when his eyes fell on the other's honey coloured impassive eyes he felt as if his world stopped there. Noticing a frown on the handsome face of the rider, Wuxian got embarrassed and looked to the front and started the car. But within that little time he already noticed every little facial feature of the younger.

After spending nearly one year with the other person alone in the big library Wuxian was already very familiar with Wangji's features but getting a chance to look at his sharp jaw-line, plump cherry like lips and pale snow like skin so closely he was unable to resist his urge to stare at the younger's face as long as possible.

Wangji was bewildered to notice that the elder was looking at him like that. Feeling that he may have some dirt on his face he wiped his face thoroughly with his handkerchief before settling himself comfortably on the seat.

The car ride was completely silent. Though Wangji was very at ease in that silence, for Wuxian it became unbearable. He turned on the radio and the car boomed with the lyrics of the song "Hold On" by Chord Overstreet. Hearing the song Wangji stole a glance at the person sitting beside him and then focused to the outside scenery again.

The countryside area where Wuxian lived was very beautiful. And the grey context of the sky only enhanced the beauty by ten folds.

Wuxian's home was a two storied villa surrounded with flower beds. The front garden was covered with carefully trimmed green grass and at places there were a few flower beds here and there.

Wuxian drove straight to the garage. Getting out of the car Wangji could not but admire the serenity of the place the elder lived at. Somewhere in his mind Wangji was even jealous of the elder as well because he also loves to live in solitude but could not.

Getting inside Wuxian pointed toward a room and said,

" You can stay there tonight."

" Don't tell me that you are going to sleep on the couch Professor."

Wangji said with a slight smirk on his face but he just wanted to know where the elder will be sleeping.

" No, no, I'll be in the room across yours and call me Wuxian or only Xian. Professor is very formal to address someone who is letting you stay a night in their house."

" Umm... ok Wuxian it feels weird to call you like this. And you can call me Wangji as well."

" Ok, sure. Then Wangji go in and see if you need anything. Usually my brother uses this room but it is clear. Nothing to worry."

Wuxian hastily added after noticing the look of disdain on the face of Wangji. A look of relieve came on the face of the younger.

" Fine. I'll take a bath then."

" Ok. I'll leave some fresh clothes on your bed. Are you fine with a pizza for tonight's dinner?"

" Totally fine by me."

Both of then entered their respective rooms. Wangji called his sister-in-law first.

" Sis, umm..., my car broke down in the middle of the road and"

Without giving him the chance to complete his line Qing interrupted very worriedly,

" What? Where are you now? Give me your location and stay there I'm coming to pick you up... Oh god it's already this late"

Cutting her off Wangji interjected.

" Sis, I'm fine now. I met with one of my colleagues on the road and I'll stay at his place tonight. Do not worry. I'll be back tomorrow morning."

" That's ok then. You'll be safe there right?"

" Yes, I'll be fine here. Can you let brother know?"

" I'll let him know and good night baby brother."

Qing said with a chuckle.

"Hmm.. good night annoying woman."

Without giving her a chance to counterattack Wangji cut the call and entered the bathroom.

After an hour both of them were sitting at the dining table with a pizza and a can of soft drink in front of them.The storm was on full rage outside and none of them wanted to stay awake listening to the horrible sounds of the storm. So, finishing their dinner as quickly as possible they bade each other goodnight and retired to the bedrooms.

Only keeping a bedside lamp on Wangji got into the bed welcoming the warmth it provided and being totally exhausted from the day's ordeals quickly drifted off to sleep wishing a dreamless night because God knows he needed one once in a while.

-----------------------------

The picture above is Wei Wuxian's villa.