CHAPTER - 11 - INSIDE LIBRARY

Wei Wuxian entered the library around 4pm knowing fully well that the other person would already be there just like other weeks. And as expected, Lan Wangji was sitting at the very end of the large room with his back turned towards the door. From behind there was no way to distinguish that he was actually a professor and not a student. Smiling at himself for thinking how young this man looked, Wuxian languidly made his way through the numerous shelves of thousands of books; picking up a random book from a random shelf, he purposefully sat down right next to Wangji.

For a moment Wangji looked at the person who sat down beside him and then silently went back to his book. The whole place was silent except the occasional rustling sound of turning a page. Half an hour passed by. By this time Wuxian was completely annoyed with the others indifference. After another 5 minutes of filliping through the pages of the book he absentmindedly picked up, Wei Wuxian snapped shut his book loudly to attract the attention of his silent companion and turned to the side to face Wangji.

Wangji knew this would happen. Since the moment he sat down to write the note to his co-worker, he knew that this person will end up giving him a piece of his mind the next time they meet. Heck, he even knew where he would be cornered and questioned. But this did not mean that Wangji did not want to prolong this encounter. After the breakdown he had during the whole weekend and more so this very morning, he really did not have enough energy to endure a lecture and thought it would be good if the elder ignored him that day out of anger and sought him out some day later. But clearly he again realized that luck was surely not on his side when Wei Wuxian sat down next to him. Even still he wanted to extend the comfortable silence he was in a few moments ago, and so decided to stay silent and let the other person start the conversation. This decision luckily bought him half an hour of silence. The moment Wangji heard the sound of the book being shut with such force, he realized that his moments of comfort were over and now he was going to answer the elder for his inexcusable behaviour of this morning.

"Hope you had a good day Professor Lan."

It stung. Wangji would lie if he said that he did not feel hurt hearing the elder use his last name. It also told him how hurt the elder felt by his behaviour as well and this realization did not help him feel any better.

"Yes, Im quite good. And again thanks for your hospitality."

Wuxian was completely irritated by the calmness of the other. He wanted to shout at him and knew that the library should be the last place to do so.

"Will you come with me to the canteen? I've some things to talk with you and library is definitely not the place."

Wangji sighed knowing what was coming. He nodded and followed the elder out of the library. Only two books lay on the table one open and one closed.