CHAPTER - 2- THE VISIT TO GRAVEYARD PART 1

"We need to go back earlier today you know that nah?" Xichen voices out to his younger brother who is standing facing towards their parents' graves.

"Hmm... I know brother. Feel free to go back. This year I alone will stay with them... Don't worry." Wangji answers back.

" Wangji try to get back early, ok? And give us a call after reaching home." Wen Qing says to her brother-in-law.

"Hmm... I will Qing."

"Okay. Goodbye then Jiji." Xichen walks out from the graveyard with his wife.

'I wish I could keep him company today. I am so going to fire that good for nothing assistance for this' Xichen was seething inside thinking how to fire his assistance when his wife interferes,

"Don't be so angry on that poor fella anymore. He is new and did not know about today. Just forgive him now and focus on the ceremony you have today. Okay darling?"

Hearing his wife brought back some of the lost calmness in Xichen. He knows that his assistance is not completely to blame. Though he already informed his assistance about not engaging into any kind of ceremony on that very day, he did not make the reason clear. So, when their regular customer wanted to celebrate his 5th marriage anniversary in his café his assistance agreed to take up that order without giving it any consideration. However, after knowing the mess his assistance has made it was already too late to mend it. So Xichen had no other way but to go through that day by organising that occasion. He sighs remembering the discussion between he and his assistance on this ceremony,

[Flashback] one week ago,

Xichen was sitting in his office waiting for his assistance to come and brief him about next week's routine of their café. This routine involved if they had any ceremony to organise or the café will continue to operate as usual. Usually if they had to set up any occasion in the café in the evening, the café usually stays closed for the whole day otherwise they opened up at 7 am in the morning and stayed open till 9 pm at night.

Bran, Xichen's assistance, walks in the room and takes in the appearance of his handsome boss,

XiChen was a pretty handsome man and looked younger than his age, which is 30 years. He has jet black hair cut in short with some fringes on his forehead which adds up to his already overloading handsomeness. That day he wore a white shirt with a black skinny jeans. Two months into this new job and Bran was still amused at how good-looking his boss was. Waking up from his drooling state Bran shakes up from his dream-staring and clears his throat to get his boss's attention.

"Yes? Ohh Bran, it's you. Is there any special occasion for this week from your side?"

"Yes, boss. Only one order this week. You remember Mr. White? " Bran voices out.

"Yes, I remember him. He is after all one of our regular customer. Is it something related to him?"

"Hmm. This Friday is his 5th anniversary so he wanted to surprise his wife with a little family gathering. As both of them are quite familiar with our café he requested me to organise it in our café so I agreed. This is the only occasion we have this week." By the time he finished he noticed the colour draining out of his boss's face due to anger. He was confused because during this 2 months he never saw his boss angry at all and when he could not even remember what he did to anger this clam boss of his, he was scared as well.

"You did what? You actually organised an occasion on this Friday?" Xichen nearly burst out in anger.

"Yes, boss. Is th...there any problem?" Bran shuttered now positively scared.

"Do you remember me telling you 2 weeks ago that this Friday do not by any means set up an occasion no matter what? Tell me do you remember?" Xichen asked his assistance in a calm manner rubbing his temples.

But this time Bran felt as if he was trudging on the line of fire one wrong word and his gentle boss will become angry beyond recognition. So he answered what he thought can be the best, which was the truth,

"Sorry, boss, I forgot."

Xichen went silent, there was nothing to do now. The damage was done. Now neither he could just cancel the occasion just one week before the estimated date and land that gentle person in a trouble nor could he take a holiday and pass all the work to his assistance.

"Take the note seriously this time Bran this café does not hold any occasion on the second Friday of August. Am I clear enough?" Xichen bit out every word.

"Yes, boss very very clear. This time I will definitely not forget. I am sorry again boss." Bran was relieved not to receive any more harsh words but he was feeling guilty. Judging by his boss's reaction that day is something important to him and now he was going to miss that because of this ceremony.

"Get out. Leave me alone. Check out if everything is alright, lock the doors and the windows then you can take your leave for today. I will get out from the back door and will lock it." Xichen said leaving out any room for argument.

"Okay. Goodnight boss." Bran had no idea if he should say anything more so he didn't dare to take any bait. Quietly walking out the office he completed his work and took his leave for that day.

After some time Xichen also got out from his office and headed back to his home unable to find any solution other than to give up the day he intended to spend with his parents and brother.

End of Flashback.