Chapter - 23

Jiang Cheng glanced towards Wuxian meekly. Wangji was walking a little behind from the two brothers to give them space. Wuxian's eyes stood still at Wangji's for a fleeting second before he turned it towards his brother,

"We're gonna talk about it."

Jiang Cheng mildly nodded. He fell completely silent after noticing them.

               They came back to the others and Wangji went straight to Xichen and took Yuan from his lap to help him. Both children woke up, probably from the shifting of their sleeping place. People say that children are sensitive to all the changes around them which is perhaps true. Jin Ling was looking around after waking up whereas Yuan merely looked up and seeing that he was on his beloved uncles lap, merely rubbed his eyes once, made himself more comfortable and then placing his head on Wangjis shoulder fell asleep again. Wangji heard Yanli's voice in the back softly scolding Jiang Cheng for delaying so mach. He turned around and saw that Jiang Cheng was giving Wuxian complete puppy eyes and the other was deliberately ignoring his younger brother and was looking towards the kids.

"It was really crowded at the restroom Mrs. Jin."

Wangji found himself telling Yanli to his own surprise. 'I just did not like how they were pressuring him into telling something he was unwilling to share. Yes, thats what it is...' he told himself.

"It's fine, Yanli, it's not that late yet. Let's get going guys."

Qing said ushering them towards the exit.

"So... can we expect you at our place on the Chinese New Year's Day Wuxian?"

Xichen suddenly asked Wuxian. Wangji was looking at his own brother with shell shocked eyes.

"Sorry... I... I missed something?"

Wuxian softly asked Xichen all the while giving his sister side eye.

"We were just talking about it and I told them that you're not coming with us to visit our family cause of some work. Now, if they want to invite you after knowing that I can't say anything about it. Can I?"

Yanli answered in an overly innocent tone, sweetly smiling at Wuxian. 'Why would I need enemies if I've siblings like them...' thought Wuxian.

               Xichen was still looking at him, smiling softly. Wuxian did not want to deny him the request but he really could not take a break during that time. They would be swamped with work and it fell on Tuesday, a working day.

"I really can't be absent from college."

"So do you think that this workaholic brother of mine would take a day off?... No, not at all. We're not asking you to do that as well. Just come at dinner."

'If it would be only dinner then it might be manageable' Wuxian thought.

"I'll try my best to attend it."

"Then we'll be cooking for five people."

Commented Qing happily.

                Wuxian also was happy inside. He wanted to spend some alone time with Wangji and talk with him without the fear of anyone overhearing their talk. 'Now I have a whole month to think out a way to get some alone time with Wangji during that night' Wuxian made note to himself as both families bid each other 'goodbyes' and 'good nights'.