CHAPTER - 10 - A PIECE OF PAPER

Monday morning came with a quite sunny day. After two days of rainy weather the little sunlight brought a good, fresh feeling everywhere.

Since they had to go to the college, Wei Wuxian woke up earlier to make breakfast for two. Simple toast and a glass of fresh juice felt good enough for a Monday morning. He went up and knocked on the door to let the other know that breakfast is ready.

" Breakfast is ready. Are you coming down? "

Getting no answer what so ever from inside he thought that the younger might still be in bed and decided to wake him up so that none of them gets late for college. Wuxian knocked again to see if he gets an answer, when no response came, he just twisted the knob and entered just to find the room completely empty. There was not a single thing that showed that anyone stayed there for the last two days and was supposed to be still there as well.

Wuxian became dumbstruck.

'Was I just left hanging in the middle without any words?'

It was the only thing on Wuxian's mind till he noticed a piece of paper on the bedside table carefully folded and kept under the water bottle. The short note stated :

To

Mr. Wei Wuxian,

Thank you so much for taking me in for the weekend and saving me from the thunderstorm. It was a very nice stay and I enjoyed your home-made food as well. You are a great cook Mr. Wuxian. The weather became nice since early morning, so I decided to take a nice, long morning walk to where my car is parked. I already called a mechanic, do not worry. I will go back home safely. See you in college.

Lan Wangji.

Well it explains everything but Wuxian could not ignore the sinking feeling of his heart at the failure to get close to the younger.

With no other option in hand Wuxian finished his portion of the breakfast sulkily, keeping the rest inside the refrigerator to warm up later and got ready to go to the college with a strong desire of meeting the other and giving him an earful since he knew where to find him.

-------------------------------------

Lan Wangji was breathing heavily as he opened his apartment door to get in. The last few days were complete torture for him without his meds. He regretted it, regretted it so much, not keeping an emergency stack for the sake of never getting found out... He realized the risk was really too high but still... he could not bring himself to agree to keep some meds in his car after all, because the risk of getting found out was probably even more high than having a few symptoms.

Collapsing on his dearly missed bed, after having the pills, Wangji was deep in thought as to what he should do now. It troubled him very much that a nearly unknown person not only had seen him in his weakest moment but on top of that somehow had also managed to calm him down.

Wangji's eyes were hardly open as, he looked at the clock and found that he could still manage to get a 2-hour long sleep. He had not slept since Friday night. In fear of alerting the elder further about his condition, he did not sleep at all during the last two nights. And now, after reaching his safe and private space he could hardly keep himself awake. Slowly his mind started to go into oblivion and he was lulled into a deep slumber due to the fatigue.

______________________________________

Hello to all my lovely readers.

First of all I'm very sorry for not updating as promised.

Actually after my exam ended and I for some reason started to read my own work, I found out that some information were not matching with the plot line I planned out.

So I went on to re-planning the whole thing.

Those who have already read till the last chapter doesn't necessarily need to re-read the whole thing. There is no major changes just some little information got edited. 😅😅

But if you want to read then you're most welcome 😊😊

And next I would like to inform you all that as I am currently working on some other ideas as well the updates will be twice a month. I hope that you will also like my other stories which I will probably start to update soon enough.