When Somebody Loves You Back

A short beep from his phone pulled him from his sleep. Miranda had her body draped around his. Ben could feel her nipples poking through her shirt into his back. The thought made him hard. Her soft breaths floated to his ear mixing with the chirping of the birds outside their—her—window. Rubbing his face, he turned in her arms. "You're awake," she said opening her eyes in the darkness.

"I am."

They shared a smile. "You're okay?" He loved how she checked up on him randomly. His first impressions of Miranda Bailey hadn't been particularly warm, but she really cared about him and that sunk him.

"I've never been better." Ben moved in for a kiss. It had only been a few days since he'd been relieved of any connection to Regina, but he felt so guilty of dragging Miranda through it with him. She'd deserved so much better than what he'd allowed. It was a shock that she was still with him. And he thanked his lucky stars that she'd given him another chance. Another chance to be in his life, another chance for him to prove that he was the only man for her. He wrapped his arms around her and pushed his face into her chest, inhaling. "You smell so good."

Miranda shoved her cool hands beneath his shirt. "I like the way you smell, too." He shivered. Her touch always managed to turn him into a man who was happily whipped. "You're off today, right?" He nodded.

"So, I was thinking..."

"Yeah?" He asked as she lightly scratched his back.

"That you could do me a favor."

"Of course," he replied pausing his nuzzling.

She kissed his chin, biting him gently. "Can you pick up Tuck from—"

"Yes!" Ben said way too enthusiastically. Clearing his throat, he repeated: "Yes, I can pick him up from..."

"School."

"School. Got it."

Miranda gave him a quick kiss. "Thank you, hon. I'll be in surgery and—"

Shaking his head, he cut her off. She was such an independent woman and asking for help wasn't in her wheelhouse. So, when she did ask him for something, he didn't care what it was, he obliged. "Anything for you, my love." He crawled on top of her. "Now, kiss me until the sun comes up," he chuckled.

Before he picked up Tuck, he visited Angela to kill some time. When the two of them broke down the entire baby fiasco, she did a jog around the island in her kitchen. "I knew it! I goddamn knew it!" She screamed. "Didn't I tell you?"

He shook his head with a smile. "Yes," he relented. "You did. But you don't have to rub it in."

"I'm not," she squealed. "I'm just glad that it's all over. For Miranda and for you." He nodded. "Because you were starting to develop a little..." She circled her finger over her head.

"What's that?" He asked mimicking her movements.

"A bald spot," she whispered.

The Warren siblings laughed loudly. "You're annoying," he replied rubbing his head. He'd noticed that. Angela shrugged. "But thank you, Ange. I owe you."

"I've been waiting for you to say that." He scrunched up his face. "I want you to come car shopping with me."

Sighing, He picked up the glass of water Angela had put in front of him. "When?"

"Today?"

"I... can't. Miranda has surgery and she asked me to pick up Tuck." He was going to get Tuck from school, watch him for an hour or two until she got home. And he was so excited to do it. To spend time with the boy who could one day become his stepson—the thought sent a chill up and down his spine.