Chapter 15

"Hi I'm tweety," I said with a wave before I let a dejected breath out. "No, no," I scolded myself, to preppy.

"Hi I'm tweety," I said in a more tough tone, I let a groan out before a laugh interrupted me.

"Are you talking to the mirror again char?" Dick said leaning again my door.

"No I'm practicing my introduction to when I meet people today," I said sassily while I threw my hair up into a high pony tail the curls puffing out. Grabbing a black ribbon I wrapped it around the top so you couldn't see the rubber band before typing a small bow.

Today was the day.

Ok scratch that I thought last week was the day when we were introduced to the league but all that happened was a general snubbing. Of course we ended up blowing it out of proportion and made some drastic decisions but hey we found Super Boy. Cadmus collapsing was just collateral damage.

But today was actually the day!

"Why are you so excited to see the cave? You've been there before," he teased with a grin.

"Maybe I'm just excited to see super boy," u said sassily oblivious to the jealous look he sent to the back of my head. I was actually just excited to meet the new team member but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"So you like him?" The edge to his voice flew over my head as I giggled.

"He is cute isn't he," I said shyly looking at Dick.

"Ya if your into the over muscled jock type I guess," Dick grumbled while I clicked my tongue. "Plus I think your a little to old for him, cradle robbing char really," slapping his arm as I walked by I laughed.

"I'm joking Dick, SB is cute but not my type,"he looked slightly relieved but I couldn't tell why as I walked through the manner to go change into my suit.

Skipping down the stairs I heard Dick follow me. As we walked through the kitchen I grabbed a granola bar before touching the old clock making it open.

"So if he's not your type then what is," Dick questioned as we walked down the stairs.

"Charlie doesn't have a type because she will never date, not on my watch," bruce said not looking up from the computer dressed in his suit.

"Dad," I groaned with a pout while Dick tried to stifle a laugh from behind me.

"My little girl doesn't need another man in her life, you've got me," he said swiveling around in his chair before standing.

Grabbing my suit I rolled my eyes before going to change. The suit was all black with a gold utility belt, I put my mask on that actually showed my eyes rather then a white film. My eyes were a weapon in their own, my fathers words not my own. A bird insignia was on the chest of my suit that completed the look. Many questioned why I was the only member of the bat clan with out a cape and my reason was that capes just got in my way. Between my long hair already messing around, and a super scream that whipped everything in a thirty foot distance around a cape was just a bad idea for me.

"So you said Martian Man Hunter has a niece?" My head snapped up when I heard Dick say this to Bruce.

"Niece? You mean there's going to be another girl on the team!" I squealed pumping my fist. "Thank you," I groaned out in joy. "I don't know if I can handle another mission with four boys, the testosterone is literally polluting my air supply," I defended putting my hands up. They rolled their eyes as I skipped towards them where they waited for me at the zeta tubes.

We were transported to the cave where we walked in greeted by Aqua lad and Superboy.

Ok so I was lying when I said Superboy wasn't my type, I mean look at the guy! Sadly I was at this point completely in love with one Dick Greyson and anyone else was just second best.