Chapter 10

"Alfred do you know what today is," Charlie said sliding into the kitchen.

"Is it by chance your eighth birthday?"

"You are correct!" She said excitedly before sitting next to her father who was already dressed for work.

"And daddy do you know what I would love to do today?"

"Hm maybe go get ice cream?"

"That sounds lovely but no. I want to go to the circus! It's in town for one day only and I being the wonderful daughter that I am got Alfred to help me get tickets," Charlie's intellect could rival a grown women by how much of genius the eight year old had become. Flashing Bruce a toothy grin she held up two tickets.

"Charlie you know I want to go but I have-"

"A meeting yes, it seems that I have come down with an awful cough," she threw a pouty face in before faking a cough. "And you being the wonderful father stayed home and are nursing me back to health,"

"You are pure evil," Bruce said with a proud smile on his face. She was definitely his daughter.

"Now go change we can't be at a circus looking like this!" She said waving her hands at his work attire.

"Only because it's your birthday," he said before standing and placing a kiss on her forehead. Who was he kidding she could say this any day and he'd do it. He would openly admit that he spoiled his little girl but she was anything but rotten.

Quickly going upstairs he left her to finish her breakfast.

---

"Daddy look an elephant!" Charlie squealed running around the circus grounds with a smile. The shows didn't start for another 20 minutes so they were wandering the grounds looking at all the animals.
"Can I have an elephant?" She asked suddenly with a whip up her head in his direction.

"You already have princess,"

"But I can't ride him! He's a dog!"

"That has yet to stop you," he said with a grin teasing the birthday girl. Sticking her tongue out she continued to pet the elephants trunk.

"Well if I can't have an elephant can I have cotton candy?" Kissing her head with a grin Bruce stood up straight.

"I suppose so, now don't wander to far off," Charlie nodded excitedly before bounding off towards the monkey cage she had passed a moment ago. Looking after her another moment Bruce departed to get her sugary treat.

Prancing around a corner Charlie collided with another person around her size successfully knocking them to the ground. With out even looking at them Charlie was up firing off questions while grabbing their wrist to pull them off the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Are you hurt? I didn't break anything did I?" Snapping her head up to the boys face who was still stunned by all her questioned she froze for a second. Boys seemed gross only a second a go but whoa did this boy have some nice eyes and hair.

"Ah y-ya I'm fine," the boy stuttered out his cheeks going red as he though how beautiful the little blonde girl in front of him was.

"I'm really sorry," Charlie rambled out again with an shy smile on her face as her cheeks to became red.

"It's ok I knocked you down too so I guess were even," he said with a smile trying to reassure the girl in front of him. There was something about her that just made him feel so odd. What was that feeling in his chest, it was like butterflies.

Charlie let a giggle escape her lips at his words a real grin taking over her lips.

"Shows on in 5 people!" They both heard someone shout around the tent.