Chapter 8

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up!" Charlie screeched in my ear as I pretended to sleep. If I was being honest I didn't get any sleep. The anxiety I felt about today could rival those of a mother who lost her kid in ikea.

"I can't be late to my first day of school!" She whined in my ear hitting me with pillows. Letting out a roar I lifted her and tickled her small body.

"That's no way to wake me up!" I growled playfully letting my worries go for a second as I played with my daughter.

"Daddy it's time for breakfast and you promised to eat and take me to school!" She said jumping to the floor practically vibrating with excitement. I stood and stretched my over worked muscles and followed her out of the room watching her run down the stairs the anxiety returned.

So many things could go wrong at a public school...well Gotham academy wasn't public but that wasn't the point. Charlie should only learn from the best and be influenced by positiveness! What if they screwed up and turned my little angel in a crack dealer!

"Good morning master Bruce," Alfred said placing a cup of black coffee in front of him and a plate of waffles and bacon. The waffle had a lopsided smile of whip cream certainly done by the sneaky blonde next to him. "So Charlie are you excited for your first day of kindergarten?" Alfred questioned.

She nodded not talking due to the food in her mouth. Her table manners had excelled greatly making me bristle with pride.

"I still think we should get her tested for placement. She is going to be a fish out of water there! Shes to smart for them," I muttered the end to Alfred.

"Yes but she needs friends her age so let's try this, if she wants to go up a grade she will tell us right Charlotte," she nodded with a closed mouth smile. Walking over Alfred picked up her plate and handed her a small back pack that had clouds and sparkles covering it. Smack dab on the front was a large pictures of a tweety bird per-request of the 5 year old.

"To the car daddy!" She commanded grabbing my hand pulling me out of the chair. Letting her drag me to the garage I grabbed the keys to one of the cars that actually had a car seat for her. Strapping herself in she bounced in her seat.

"Are you sure you want to go to school, I mean you could always be homeschooled by Alfred," I said nervously as we pulled out of the garage atarting the short two minute drive.

"Yep," she said absentmindedly looking out the window singing along to the Disney cd that we bought and put in all the cars for her. I once caught myself on patrol humming love is an open door making it an odd night for the muggers.

Sooner then id prefer we pulled up to the school. Parking in a front spot i walked up clutching her hand in my own making sure she wouldn't disappear. Looking around I saw many parents trying to disentangle themselves from their crying children while Charlie seemed unfazed. He felt like their rolls were reversed because he was having such a problem leaving her here and she just wanted to go.

Making into the building we navigated our way to the kindergarten area and found her teacher.

"Hello, you must be Charlotte," the teacher said but her eyes kept switching to me making me become irritated that she wasn't giving Charlie her full attention. "I'm mrs. Sampson, your teacher,"

Finally a bit of shyness shown through as Charlie clung behind my leg with a sweet smile. "Hi," she said softly. Sticking my hand out I shock hers. "Bruce Wayne, Charlotte's father."

"Hello mr.wayne," her voice had an odd tone like she wanted to seduce me. "It's so nice to meet you," she continued to hold my hand while batting her eyelashes. "She will be in good hands here with me, I'll take care of her like I'm her own mother," ah fuck she's a groupie I knew something was going to go wrong.

"But I don't want you to be my mommy," Charlie said a little fire in her voice.

Yep that's my kid.

"Sweetie it's all right just come on in and I'll take your bag to your cubby," the women gritted out with a fake smile.

"No," she said stepping back into me. Turning her head she looked up at me. "Daddy she's weird," she whispered but it was loud enough for the teacher to hear. I tried not to laugh but failed slightly.

"It will be fine baby girl," I said squatting in front of her even if I wanted her to be homeschool I didn't want her to miss out on something if she wanted to do public school.

"Yes baby girl it will all be alright," Mrs. Sampson said copying me trying to smooth talk my daughter. "Mr. Wayne if you'll just leave her here I'll make sure she is perfectly fine. I wouldn't let anything happen to your precious little angel," she but out the word angel. My little detective caught her words raising her small eyebrow.

"Daddy I want to go home, she's freaky," Charlie said clinging to my neck since I was still squatted down to her level. I mentally fist pumped at my victory.

Point one for homeschool!

Alfred would teach English and math. I could do physical education and how to do business. I'm sure I could real berry into teaching all sciences and Clark's obsession with world history was odd being that he was after all an alien but I guess that's the Kansas in him talking.

All the ideas were swimming in his head as he was walking out bumping in another father who was also exiting.

"Bruce?"

"David," I said with a nod and a smile. He held his son in a similar position walking out.

David beckahams oldest was Charlie's age at the moment.

"Homeschooling?" He asked and I nodded with a half smile.

"Those teachers are just looking for a rich single father," I complained as he nodded in agreement. We had parked next to each other on coincident and talked about how homeschooling was the way to go reassuring each other that it was a great idea.

With a good by we departed. Charlie was strapped in the back unfazed now as I headed towards the city.

"Daddy can we get ice cream now sense I had my first day of school," she said sweetly.

"Charlotte you didn't even go,"

"Please," she said pouting out her lip and giving him a look in the rear view mirror making his heart melt.

"Oh alright but only because i love you,"

"I love you too daddy!" She said with a grin making me smile. As long as she loved me I don't think anything could be really that bad in life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a chapter you filthy animals!

Hope you enjoyed!

If you want an early update you need...

-20 votes-

- 15 comments-

Do that and you get the chapter right away!

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose-