Chapter 22

God I'm in love with him. My thoughts were all consumed by the one and only Dick Greyson. I'm not sure I could go through a whole day with out thinking of him at least a hundred times. It was ridiculous I know but seriously can you blame a girl.

Yesterday at school my feeling for him were almost found out when I was doodling in my spiral only for him to creep up behind me trying to peak at what I was drawing I was quick to snap it shut but I still worried that he saw the hearts the surrounded his name and mine.

The day before that I was caught staring at him while we were training but luckily was saved by Artemis and her quick words. She was my best friend for a reason we had each others backs even if she did push me to tell Dick how I felt she would never force me.

I have spent to many years pinning after a boy that doesn't like me back so today I shall be starting step 1 in my 5 step program of getting rid of my feeling for the Dick Greyson.

Step 1. Less touching as in no more cuddling, hugging, forehead kissing, holding hands or anything of the cute and couply type.

You see we acted like a couple to an extent. It hurt because all he treated me like was his best friend. Yes he was affectionate but a lot of people were it didn't mean he loved me let alone liked me the way I did him.

So Today was the day.

Walking into the cave discussing my 5 step program to Artemis and Megan over the mind link I quickly went over step one with them.

'Wait but I thought you liked how touchy and cutesy Robin was with you?' Artemis thought through the link raising an eyebrow at me as I sighed out.

'I do but it needs to stop if I'm going to get over him,' I whined to her giving her a look making them both laugh.

'Good luck with that because he's coming this way and he is totally going to go for a hug' Megan said making my eyes widen as Robin beamed at us walking forward with Conner trailing behind him, you could hear Wally rummaging around in the kitchen for food. Aqualad was in Atlantis, rocket was somewhere with her dad and Zetanna was off who knows where, so we were the only ones in the cave.

"Hello lady's how was the movie?" As Megan predicted Robin came forward arms out wide making my eyes widen behind my shades. Letting my purse slip from my fingers I let out an "oops" before I leaned down and started picking up the bag successfully avoiding Dick who leaned down to pick up some things that had fallen out.

Handing me them with a grin I said a quick "thank you," while acting like I was organizing the bag. I gave myself a mental pat on the back. Go me.

"Ah kind of boring, the main girl didn't even end up with the guy," Megan said sending a sideways glance my way making me feel like she was defiantly talking about me and not the movie. She leaning back into conners embrace with a smile pecking his lips softly.

"Ya the chick made a list of reasons not to love the guy and ended up alone with cats, tragic I know," Artemis added with a smirk.

"Didn't you guys just see Despicable Me?" Conner said confused.

"Yep," Artemis said nonchalantly flipping her long ponytail back over her shoulder as Wally made his entrance. Skidding in at her side he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey babe," he said throwing an arm around her waist as she gave him one of her rare loving smiles. "Hi," she said back softly, I looked away as the little green monster named jealously creeped up my spine. I wanted what they had I thought with a pout.

"Why the face birdy?" Dick said making his way to me as the other couples started to make their way to the kitchen with us trailing behind.

Stick with the program Charlie be strong!

"What face?" I said quickly. "I'm not making a face,"

"Yes you where. You were pouting," he said ever observant as usual. With a sigh I looked at him.

"Ok so I was pouting so what,"

"I don't want to see you sad," he said softly grabbing my arm in his hand making me stop walking.

No touching mister! My brain shouted at him but I let it go seeing as all he was doing was touching my arm.

Suddenly I was pulled into a hug by him making me tense for a moment.

"You sure your ok," Dick said sounding slightly strained. "You'd tell me if something is wrong right?" He sounded so concerned that my heart literally melted. He was so caring oh my god!

I mentally slapped myself, get your shit together Charlotte Wayne! Be strong resist his sparking smile and amazing personality.

Leaning back so he could look at my face I quickly whipped the dreamy look off my face.

With a sigh I looked in his eyes, well sunglasses seeing as our identities where still secrets.

"Your my best friend of course I would tell you," I said with a small smile. Hugging him again I sighed.

I am a weak and miserable excuse of a girl.

A weak but happy girl because I was in Dicks arms which was my favorite place to be so I smiled and enjoyed myself as he tucked me under his arms and we made our way to the kitchen where everyone was gathered. And so I made my decision.

Tomorrow will be the day.

---------------------

Can I get a "fuck ya!" I the comments from everyone who still reads my book and likes them.

Get ready for 5 new chapters because I have been hit by inspiration and I'm a writing storm!!!

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose-