Chapter 18

Working on a new book how do you guys like the cover I made:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could see in the dark room as if it were lit up as I watched the door waiting for a chance to pounce. My chains hung on my wrist but were detached from the wall hanging loosely at my sides. I had ripped them straight off the wall shocking myself at my new found strength. I stood at the ready waiting as I heard a pair of feet make its way closer and closer to my prison like door. I didn't know what it was but a certain animosity took over my body and once the door opened everything I saw had a red tint. Running at the guard who was to shocked to pull his gun I wrapped my clawed hands around his throat before I ripped it out. Blood spewed everywhere making a malicious smile spread to my face as I watched the light slowly die from his eyes. I wasn't really in control of my own body after that. All that I knew was that my bloodlust was to much to control and the beast inside of me wanted revenge.

I ripped through every single henchman in the building. The smile on my face never left as I used my teeth and claws to rip them limb from limb. I felt nothing as I did this, no remorse, no regret, I didn't feel anything it was like I took a back seat in my own body.

After 5 minutes of my killing spree I blacked out waking up in the room where they had ran all of the test on me. I looked around seeing dead body's everywhere making my eyes widened and bile come to throat. I didn't have to wonder long about who did this, one glance at my own hands proved I had.

My eyes filled with tears as a sob racked through my body as I looked at all of the lifeless faces. I did this, I killed them all.

I was a monster.

More sobs racked through my body as I curled into a ball in the corner shaking. How could I ever be a hero if I just did the one thing I've sworn to protect people against. How was I going to face my friends and family with out them looking at me with disgust. More gut-wrenching cries left my lips as I wished to go back in time so I could stop myself from doing this.

-3rd person-

Bruce's mind was buzzing at the moment as he drove through the streets of Gothem trying to get to his little girl. Robin was currently at the cave with the rest of the team and majority or of the justice league waiting to hear news. The tip he got from the snitch he hung from the top of the building was surprisingly helpful but he was terrified the tip might have come to late.

Soon he got there but it felt like it wasn't soon. Running as fast as he could, he busted down the door only to be meet by the unmistakable stench of blood.

Looking around with wide eyes he crept in slowly through the front hall that lead to a door. The walls were covered in splatters of blood and hand prints. The sight unsettled the dark night more then he wanted.

Looking around more he came across a body of a large man. He had the outfit a henchman of the joker usually wore on him but it was scratched and bloody. His neck looked torn to shreds and his face was barely recognizable. What ever did this was not human.

Stepping away from the gory sight he hoped that was ever creature did this that it didn't get to Charlie.

Going deeper down the hall he found two more body's just like the one before. He came up to the door that separated him from the truth of what his little partner in crimes fate was.

Not waisting anytime Batman kicked the door down reviling a blood chilling sight. Scattered throughout the room were body parts of humans looking to be ripped from there persons. Blood painted the normally white walls giving it a shocking contrast. What caught his attention next was a man in a familiar purple and green suit with a look of pure terror on his face curled in a corner. He seemed to notice the presence soon after batman came in because his fearful gaze switched to him.