Chapter 35

Three years later

I looked in the mirror, at the man that I had become. His hair was longer. Scruffy looking and untamed framing blue eyes that looked blankly forward. A sharp jawline that seemed to permanently be clenched in angry lay still for the moment. I was larger now, gaining quite a few inches in height along with a large amount of pounds that purely contained muscle.

Healthy was a word that could describe me.

Hard working, stubborn, a leader. All words that were me.

Happy, lively, passionate. All words that I haven't even felt a wisp of in the past three years. But I still stood, for her. Only ever for her.

My heart was still beating, and that's as good as it was going to get. Asking for anything else was too much for me.

"You know you could try smiling every once in a while," I could practically hear her teasing voice, taunting a whisper of a grin to come to me before I remembered that it wasn't real. She wasn't real anymore, I had to tell myself that constantly. The first few months after her death I started seeing her places, it got so bad that I truly believed she was alive but only wanted me to see her.

Flipping the hood of my sweatshirt over my head I walked to the front door of my apartment. Locking up the place quickly I jogged down the stairs. Taking off down the street, I let memory's guide me to her. The grave at the top of the hill. It was under a beautiful tree she would have loved to climb. Sitting next to it I talked for hours, or at least that's what it felt like.

I told her everything, from what my day had been like, what I would do if she was here in my arms at that very moment, to the missions that I thought she would have found the most interesting. I left no detail untold knowing she loved to hear story's that we're the most in-depth that so she can submerge herself in it. I pretended for a moment that she was there, sitting right next to me as I told her story after story. Her soft laugh a whisper of a memory. I worried that one day I might forget what her voice sounded like or how her touch felt.

I was interrupted though by the sound of my wrist computer alerting me of a mission. It had been going off for the last 20 minutes but I couldn't bring myself to stray from her grave side. I replied swiftly that I would soon be there, before standing up.

"Goodbye beautiful, I'll see you tomorrow," leaning down I placed a kiss on her grave before jogging towards the closest zeta tube. It sent me straight to my room in the cave. A special little add on that I did myself so that I didn't have to talk to anyone if I wasn't up to it. Which was most of the time.

I changed quickly into my uniform, and grabbed the black mask from my desk sliding it on quickly. Before making my way to the training room of mount justice.

"Took you long enough to get here," I heard Barbra mumble to herself but I ignored her as I stepped into the room. She rolled her eyes, glaring at me slightly. "whats so important that your half an hour late,"

"I was visiting someone," I snapped not regretting my tone in the least, she knew right away to back down. She had made several advances towards me in the past year that were shot down quickly. No one would ever fill the hole I had in my chest, so why even bother with pleasantries anymore.

"We have a mission, it's covert and I only need two of you. Blue, Wonder girl you are going and will scout out the area and figure out what's going down. I don't want you going into the facility or being noticed," they were quick to depart, I had no doubt in their abilities but something told me that today was different. That something might change me forever.

Today was the day.

I just didn't know it yet.

-----

Soooo

That's it guys. This prequel is officially completed. If you want to read more do not fret I have the next part of the book already up. I suggest reading my new version of birds of a feather, same original book just better writing because honestly my first book, love it as I may, is cringe worthy so I felt the need to rewrite it.

Take a look at it if you please!

Comment

Vote

Charlierose