Chapter 12

"So your batman? And your his sidekick?" Dick said pacing I front of Bruce and me as I sat in the spinny chair twirling it.

"Tweety to be exact but ya I'm his side kick," I said with a smile in his direction. "And maybe you could be his sidekick too..." I hinted at the end with a hopeful look.

"Wait you want me to help you fight villains? But I don't know how to fight! All I know it how to be a circus freak!"

"I can teach you," Bruce finally spoke after being silent for so long.

"And your not a freak, stop calling your self that!" Charlie said with a pout. "Besides I can show you what a freak looks like, walk down the streets of down town Gothem," an over exaggerate shiver ran down her spine as she scrunched up her face in disgusted. "Now that's some freaky stuff,"

"But he already has you Charlie he doesn't need two sidekicks!"

"Oh my god," Charlie groaned slumping in the chair dramatically. "Stop being such a square and go with it," Bruce have her an odd look when she used the 'square reference wondering who taught his eight year old daughter that. "What that's what uncle berry called you when you wouldn't let me go on the big missions,"

"Ignore her," Bruce said shooting his daughter a look before turning to Dick. "I want to offer you the chance to help people who have gone through what we all had to. No kid should have to lose their parents at such a young age like all of us have, don't you want to stop them?" Dick looked down at the mask that he had picked up earlier and curled his fist scrunching it by his side in his hand.

Looking up with a determination that looked like it could move mountains he nodded. "I'm in,"

"Great!" Charlie said with a clap. "First order of business, what shall your superhero name be?"

"Well maybe you should stick to the bird theme if I do say so myself," Alfred said as he made his way towards them with a tray of hot cocoa.

"My mom, she used to call me robin as my stage name," Dick said quietly memories of his parents that where placed in the back of his mind flashed forward making his throat tighten. A hand on his shoulder brought him to reality as he meet the sweet eyes of one gorgeous blonde.

"I think that's a wonderful name," her shining smile made the pain just that much more bearable, made his lungs feel less crushed and his mind loss some of the fog that seemed to have made his brain their new home.

Giving her one of his own smile he looked at the ground blushing softly while she gave herself a mental pat on the back for cheering him up. She was a great friend she thought to herself but she got a little bluer when she thought of the one word.

Friend.

She would probably always be just that, Dicks friend, the one that was their to cheer him up and that was it. With a mental shrug Charlie dismounted the counter that she had placed herself on and walked to the mats on the side of the cave.

"Well I hope your ready to learn because lessons start now," she said placing her hands on her hips begging someone to try and tell her other wise. Scrambling to right himself Dick hustled to the mats.

"You need to learn how to throw a punch," she stated. "Now try and hit me,"

"What? No! I'm not going to try and do that Charlie!"

"Why not?"

"Because you could get hurt or something and I would never want to be the one that hurts you especially physical pain!"

"That's sweet Dick but you need to learn how to properly fight if you want to really be one of the bats,"

"Charlie in a sense you are right but it just doesn't sit well with me to see you two spar. How about I practice with him on this stuff and you can teach him the right form,"

With a pout she sighed. "Finnneeee," she dragged out slowly dragging her feet till she plopped on the edge of the mat. "But only because you two were very nice about it and didn't say anything about how I was a girl and might be weaker,"

"I need to stop letting Diana take you on the weekends it's really messing with your head," Bruce teased with a grin saved for closed doors.

"Yes well my trip to Thymescara was in enlightening and I am a true warrior now! Diana even got me a real sword," she said with an up turned nose crossing her arms with a humph.

"Wait she got you a sword!" Bruce said with anger seeping in his voice. Charlie's eyes snapped open as she let an oh out.

"Well ha see...trainings over see you all later!" Charlie shouted before bolting up the stairs and back into the manner leaving all the boys.

"She is something else Alfred I will tell you that,"

"I think, master Bruce, that this is when the kids would say, no kidding,"

---------------------------------------------------

Yay I updated!!

-28 votes-

-19 comments-

= one very free chapter from yours truly!

I hope you all loved it as much as I love you!

-comment-

-vote-

-Charlierose-