Chapter 34

I don't feel. Not anymore, what was the point of feeling if all I felt was devastation and pain. The person I loved most in the world was gone. In a blink of an eye she was ripped from my grasp and blown to dust. She now just floated in the wind, untouchable.

"Dick, have you eaten today?" I heard a soft voice come from outside the door of her room. That's where I sat the last two weeks. One of her pillows sat in my lap, her unique scent still covering every inch of it. The only time I truly felt her close to me was when I slept pretending for just one moment that the pillow was her large clump of curls that she used to pile on the top of her head before bed.

"Dick?" The voice said again finally catching my attention. It was M'gann at the door holding a tray of food. She floated in slowly before setting it down on the side table next to the bed. I could look at her, but I couldn't really see her.

"I'm fine," I said quietly, my voice was scratchy from all the screaming and crying. That's what it was like the first few days, so loud.

"You need to eat," she tried to push the food closer but I suddenly was rushed with anger.

"Why?" I practically shouted. "What is the fucking point!" She looked disgruntled but tried to keep a calm face. I could hear footsteps coming towards the door, probably the rest of the team to make sure I didn't lose it.

"You need to stay healthy for-"

"For what? The only person I have ever loved is dead! There is nothing left for me here anymore, all I want is to be left alone so I can be with her!"

"You don't mean that," she whispered softly her eyes welling up with tears ready to overflow any second, just needing one more push to topple down her green cheeks.

"I don't want to be here anymore! Don't any of you get that, a world without her is a world I'm not willing to keep living in!" Standing swiftly, I let out an angry cry throwing the closest thing to me which happen to be a picture frame. It flew across the room swiftly smashing into the opposite wall. Turning I flipped the tray of food before punching a hole in the wall.

"Dick stop!" I heard Wally shout as he sprinted into the room. I felt him grab my arm but I snatched it away quickly.

"Why? She's dead so why can't I break every single thing in here! It's not like she'll care!" Grabbing the edge of her desk I flipped it with all my strength, loud cracks were heard as the wood splinted.

I was restrained suddenly, large arms wrapped around me keeping my upper half still. No doubt they belonged to Conner.

"Let me die already!" I screamed staring at Wally who stood directly in front of me. I could see Artemis trying to console a sobbing M'gann but she seemed to be losing her cool just as quick.

My breathing became shallow as I felt the hollow feeling of complete anguish torture my already beaten down soul. A sob ripped from my throats as I slumped forward in the khryptonians grip.

"Please just let me die," my voice sounded cracked and broken, just like I felt.

"No, that's not what she would have wanted Dick," I could hear Wally's voice but his figure was blurred by the ocean that took home in my eyes. "She would have wanted you to live,"

"Dick look me in the eye and tell me she would be ok with you killing yourself, or us just sitting back as you wither away to nothing?"

"I can't live without her," I felt Conner slowly lower us to the ground but keeping his secure grip, not as a restraint but as a crutch for me.

"I know man, but you have to try,"

Sobs racked through my body as I shook my head. Soft no's left my mouth as I continued to shake.

"Im not strong enough,"

"None of us are, but that's why we have each other," Conner said from behind me. "She's in here forever man," he tapped where my heart was, it was beating strongly but it felt like it might give out any second.

That night I fell asleep in the caves living room. Her pillow stuffed next to my head, the team surrounding me, in some way touching me. Their own form of reassurance.

In that moment I made my choice, I would live. Only though for her, because that's what she would asked of me. I could act like I wasn't dying inside every day, I could pretend like any piece of music didn't strum the cord of heart ache. I could make them all believe I was alive. If only for a moment.

------

I have the last chapter ready to post guys I'm so sad but happy, I love this book so much it's like my baby.

If yall want to maybe comment your fav part/character in the book that be awesome! I need some nice comments to cheer me up about my book ending. *cries in spanish*

Comment

Vote

Charlierose