Chapter 32

Sitting on top of the building I sat looking around for any trouble. The night was cold with a light breeze that made my cape flutter in the wind. My mind was slightly distracted till a curly haired blonde came stomping down the street with a pout. Tilting my head, I watched her a little longer before jumping off the building towards a street lamp that I grabbed and used like a fireman's pole to slide down.

"Mrs. Wayne what are you doing out at this time?" I questioned the blue eyes goddess in front of me.

"fight with my dad," she muttered before looking around and stepping into the shady alleyway. Following after her I tilted my head.

"you alright?" I asked taking one of her hands in my own. "you don't normally get out of uniform," I said softly my eyes scanning the area for anyone that may be around, finding nothing I focused my attention on her.

"I don't know, he just acts like I have no self-control all the time. It's just so frustrating," she sighed running a hand threw her hair, she looked like she was about to start crying now. "and I don't know why, but I was so angry, nothing I could think of could calm me down. I just don't know what is happening to me.

"Babe, he's just like this because he loves you so much. He doesn't want to see you get hurt again. We know how badly it affected you last time, he just doesn't want to see it happen again," a tear fell down her cheek which was quickly wiped away by my gloved hand.

"I know, god I'm such a bitch," she said leaning her head back against the brick wall. "I said I hated him and then ran off," she whispered a look of shame crossing over her face.

"Char," I sighed out cupping her cheek making her look at me. "he knows you love him, but you need to go see him,"

"I know," she whispered stepping into my arms, wrapping her own around my waist. Kissing her forehead softly I nuzzled my head in her curly hair. We were lost in our own little world for a moment, a moment to long I suppose.

"How...interesting," a voice said from the end of the alleyway making us snap our heads up. A cloaked figure stood with a strange weapon in his hand. The majority of his face masked by the shadow that came from his hood.

Pushing Charlie behind me I assessed the man, if he even was that, in front of me. I heard Charlies soft gasp behind me, I didn't need to turn around to know that her face held worry. I couldn't make out any part of his face as he stepped closer raising his weapon. Behind him two more cloaked figures emerged with similar objects in their hand.

A soft click came from behind me, I knew it was Charlie pressing the distress button that was on the neckless she wore letting batman know we were in trouble.

"She must be important to you, yes"

"She is none of your concern," I countered back fiercely taking a step back trying to keep Charlie from their view.

"Oh my I believe your perfect for what I need," the statement wasn't directed towards me but the blonde cowering behind me. "Hand her over and we will be on our way quickly," I could practically hear the malice dripping from his voice as he waved his weapon in a come here motion.

"And if I don't," I growled back already knowing he wasn't going to lay a hand on my girl while I was still standing. Raising his gun, he lowered it just slightly tilting his head.

"Then I'll kill you and take her anyways, either way she will be coming with me, might was well make it easier," his sentence was barely out of his mouth before I had a birdarang fling at his two henchman they blew quickly knocking them back but it wasn't fast enough. A shot rang out, Charlie screamed softly looking back I looked her over quickly before I felt a sharp pain in my leg.