FLASHBACKS

"Main usse bhool jaun yeh ho nahi skta. Aur woh mujhe bhool jaye yeh main hone nahi dunga", the cold words came from his throat. The rage was burning in his red eyes. "Zoya sirf Sahir ki h". He removed his IV drip and got down from the bed.

"Kahan jaa rahe ho Sahir?", Alvira asked him but it was too late.

Without answering her question, Sahir stormed out of the room leaving behind the traces of his blood fallen from his wrist.

That was the last conversation he had with her. She was asking him to stop but he was too consumed in his own emotions to pay attention. Little did he knew he was never gonna hear that voice again.

Sahir stared blankly at the cracks in the wall of his house. Somehow his mind had managed to retain the distasteful events that had followed on that day after he left the hospital building.

FLASHBACK:-

Sahir stopped right outside the grandly decorated Siddiqui Mansion. There was also tight security gathered outside the house including multiple police jeeps. But nothing held the power to stop him that day. He flounced towards the gate in full force determined to break it by his anger itself but was stopped by the man in khakhi uniform.

"Kahan ghusey jaa rahe ho? Ruko yahin. Aaj Sahab ki permission ke bina kisi ko ander jane ki ijazat nhi h", the constable spoke in an authoritative tone.

"Zoya se milne ke liye kisi ki permission ki zaroorat nahi h mujhe", he screeched at him & tried to forced his way in. But the constable came between him & the closed gate.

"Lagta h bahut jldi me ho. Baat ek baar me smjh nahi aati? Ander jana mana h", he shouted & signalled the two guards standing behind Sahir. They moved to him as if catching a prey. And as though they were waiting for him only, one of them grabbed his collar while the other two held his hands.

"Yeh kya kr rahe h aap log? Haath kyun pakda h mera", before Sahir could have analyse his hands were handcuffed by them behind his back.

The constable who stopped him moved to the side to talk over his walkie-talkie. His one eye was on him while he spoke. He nodded a couple of times to whoever he was talking to and a minute later, he walked back finishing his call shoving the device back in his pocket. He stared him up to down for a minute. And the very next moment, Sahir felt his cheeks vibrated as the constable slapped him with a force.

It took a minute of horror for Sahir to absorb what just happened. His lips were bleeding & his cheeks reddened. The constable squeezed his face again in his hands and looked into his eyes, "Kya re ladki stalk krta h? Stalker bann ne ka h tere ko?".

Sahir felt anger rushing up his nerves. "Kya bakwaas kr rahe h aap? Maine aisa kuch bhi nahi kia h. Haath kholo mere", he struggled against the iron cuffs.

‌"Complaint h tere khilaaf. Tu ne kya kia h aur kya nhi.....ab isska jawab thane chl kr dena", he barked with an expression reserved particularly for criminals and slapped him again.

This time it hurted Sahir. He could feel the redness on his face but controlled himself. He knew he was losing time. Every second was precious. He wanted to rebel but his hands were tied.

"Dekhiye aapko koi galatfehmi hui h. Mera iss waqt ander jana bahut zaroori h. Main agar waqt pe nahi gaya to bahut der ho jaegi. Woh mujhse hamesha ke liye door chali jaegi. Please mujhe jane dijiye", his eyes lost focus as he thought of the possibility. Tears started forming in his eyes.

Constable made a face as if he wasn't listening. "Bahut dekhe h tere jaise sar-phire aashiq. Jb tk 2-4 dande nahi padte tum log sudhroge nahi", he scowled.