TRUTH

Zoya was sitting before the mirror in her room and removing her jewellery after the Haldi Ceremony. In few hours, the Mehndi-Sangeet function would start. And she was asked to clean herself and start getting ready for the ceremony.

The arrangements had already begun in the hall. While everyone was in their room getting ready for the next function, Arjun was already in the centre of the hall passing instructions to the decorators on where to set the stage. Aditya stood next to him lost in his own thoughts. He was still in his Haldi clothes while Arjun had already changed into the simple ones.

"Arjun, tujhe ready nhi hona h?", Aditya asked.

"Nhi bhai, aap jaao main yahan kaam khtm kr ke hi aaunga", he replied without looking.

Aditya stood there thinking of how to convince Arjun to come with him. Arjun turned to find Aditya still standing at his place.

"Bhai, aap gye nhi ab tk", he asked.

"Bas jaa hi rha tha. Main soch rha tha Chote.....main tere saath hi jaunga", Aditya answered.

"Bhai, mujhe time lgega yahan pe. Aap kb tk aise haldi lage hue kapdo mein khade rahoge mere saath", Arjun told as he now instructed the man where to hung the chandelier.

"Mujhe Zoya ko yeh dena h", Aditya said taking out a small box from his pocket. It was the same diamond-locket jewellery box he had bought for Zoya. "Tu bhi chal na mere saath", Aditya insisted hopefully.

Arjun gave him a pitied look, "Tch tch tch tch.....aapne yeh abhi tk nhi diya bhabhi ko. Ek gift bhi aap khud.....", he paused in between his sentence. Aditya looked around him to know why he paused. Noor was passing by them carrying a polybag in her hand. Arjun thought for a second & instantly an idea clicked his mind.

"Noooooor", he called out aloud.

Noor who was at the foot of the stairs stopped and looked at the direction of his voice. Arjun was flashing a wide smile causing Noor to roll her eyes.

"Zara yahan aaogi.....please", he asked.

'Ab inhe humse kya chahiye', she thought and went to him.

"Boliye?", she said with full attitude.

"Tum abhi tk tayaar nhi hui Noooor?", he asked. Aditya looked at him in confusion as he didn't understand what he was upto.

"Phle to hamara naam Noooooor nhi, Noor h. Aur hum aapko kyu batayein", she replied.

'Yeh teedhi kheer h, aise nhi maanegi', Arjun thought.

"Tumhe pata h......aaj tum kitni sundar lag rhi thi", he started flirting keeping his wide smile which irritated Noor.

"Aap hume itna masca kyu laga rhe h. Koi kaam h?", she directly asked.

'Kitni chalu h yeh', Arjun said in his mind.

"Kitni smjhdaar ho tum! Woh actually na, Bhai ko tumhari help ek chahiye", he said gesturing towards Aditya.

Noor's eyes moved to Aditya and her expression became soft. "Jeeju, boliye", she spoke with a kind smile.

Arjun nudged Aditya's arm asking him to speak. "Noor.....kya tum yeh mere liye Zoya ko de dogi....please", he said extending the box towards her with a beautiful smile.

His charm was such that even Noor melted. "Sure Jeeju! Aapko bhala hum kaise mana kr skte h", she assured him taking the box. Arjun first time saw her cute smile that she gave to Aditya and his eyes rested on her face.